Status: Updated every Wednesday. Active.

True Love

The Meaning

"Love is a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection to pleasure. It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another" It may also describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.

Ancient Greeks identified four forms of love: kinship or familiarity (in Greek, storge), friendship (philia), sexual and/or romantic desire (eros), and self-emptying or divine love (agape). Modern authors have distinguished further varieties of romantic love. Non-Western traditions have also distinguished variants or symbioses of these states.This diversity of uses and meanings combined with the complexity of the feelings involved makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, compared to other emotional states.

Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.

Love may be understood as a function to keep human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species."

There are many different meanings people pair love with but nothing is ever set in stone. Ages have passed, books have been written, timeless quotes spoken, etc, etc. but not one definition has been stamped and sealed into a book of rules for life. Everyone has a unique connotation for the pure force that drives our very souls. Different perspectives and experiences change how one looks at the love.

I've always thought that if someone loved you, truly loved you, they would be willing to give their life for yours. That's the beginning of a true, unconditional love that knows no bounds. I, as a person, am fascinated with love. I am struck by how it can change a life, turn a person's world upside down or right side up in an instant.

God's love is faithful and unconditional.

A mother's love is warm and patient.

A father's love is iron and protective.

A young love is fiery and passionate.

An old love is strong and forever.

Love runs through our veins and motivates our footsteps. The true meaning is something you'll never expect and it all begins with one moment.

The moment, where you turn around and think everything you've ever waited for it standing before you. That moment where in one second your life is the same as it has always been, mundane and boring, and in the next, you see his face. You see a face that changes everything in one moment.

You either hate that moment or cherish it forever. I hold onto both.

I whole-heartedly believe in love at first sight, that out there in the world there is one that connects with your soul perfectly. A soulmate. That God has made specifically for you.

In this story, I find the true meaning of love but it has been nothing like my pre-conceived notions of how love should turn out. The moment in between how it began and how it ended have turned my ideas around full circle. Nothing is what it was.

The road to true love began August 9, 2013. Follow me...
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is based on actual events that happened to me over the course of a year. I am not proud of some of the things that I have done but they are done. In the past. God has forgiven me and I have forgiven myself. The man in this story, I believe, is the love of my life but you guys might think differently...Please comment, question. I'll be happy to answer any you have. I will updating every Wednesday. And check my other story called The Road To Damascus.

Love you all and goodnight. Merry Christmas!