Status: This story allows my imagination to run wild. Expect to see everything fairy tale, Disney, mythical, legend and fantasy related.

Happily Ever After

Everything Went Black

Opening his eyes, Lee looked up at beautiful blue skies and the sun shining down on him. Confused, he pulled himself up, holding his pounding head. He adjusted the glasses on his face and looked at the green fields of sheep which surrounded him.

He shook his head as he clambered to his feet. "What the hell?" he muttered to himself. He walked a few steps towards a small mossy trunk submerged into the green. He leant against it and rubbed his head again. So many questions were running through his mind; What is going on? How did I get here? Where is here? As he stood questioning himself, he remembered the box.

"I opened the box and..." but as he pieced this tiny piece of the puzzle together, his train of thought stopped as he tumbled back. Sheep then began darting off, bleating. Lee looked around the field, wondering what was going on, as he had noticed that the tree had disappeared. As he took a closer look down at the ground where it had been, a darkness slowly crept up behind him, casting it's shadow in front of him. Lee's heart began to pound. He squinted his eyes and hastily turned around to see something he had never seen before, something that he would never have dreamed of seeing.

Hovering in front of Lee was the little mossy tree he had just been leaning against. Branch by branch, the tree began snapping and endless vines shot out of the trunk. An ear piercing screech came from within the tree. Lee, frozen with shock, was looking the flying tree up and down. He was then struck with one of the vines across the face, sending Lee to the floor. As he hit the ground, his glasses flew from his face in front of him. He didn't have time to process anything as another screech was heard. Lee held his now bloody lip and grabbed his glasses, as he got to his feet. Lee ran as fast as he could but the screeching anomaly was faster. It appeared before Lee and let out one more almighty screech as it's vines began wrapping themselves around Lee's arm.

The tree monster let out another scream; but this time it was different. The tree then lit up in flames and disintegrated into ash. Lee clenched his arm and fell to his knees. He looked up to see a beautiful young woman. She was dressed in blue with a bow at her side. In a flash, she pulled out an arrow and pointed the weapon at Lee.

"The sheep belong to me boy!" hollered the bow and arrow wielding lady. Lee felt nothing as his eyes rolled back and his head hit the ground. Everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love creative writing but haven't done it in years, so I am struggling a little to find the words to put it all together. I have the pictures in my head of what everyone and everything looks like in the story, so I may post up pictures in here as well.

I have so many ideas for this story, which will involve fairy tales, myths, legends, all kinds of fantasy!

Let me know what you think of the opening.