Thinking Out Loud

Seraphina

“Stop staring. “ I finally snapped at Seth, but his eyes didn’t move away.

“You look good in that color, that’s all.” He shot me a wink and I couldn’t help but to smirk.

“I love how you’ll always smile for me. No matter what I do. I could be full out hollering at you, and you’ll just smile.” He said as he grinned.

“I don’t know if you’re trying to flatter me, or if you’re just saying these things just to say them.” My smile begins to slowly fade as I begin to think back to the summer time at Grant’s house party.

“I was drunk back at Grant’s,” It was as if he read my mind, “But I do mean it.” He bumped my shoulder, and I bumped him back.

“Can we just skip school? Let’s just to our hangout and let’s bring up those good ole times.” I tried to sly my way out of going to school today but I know how Seth is with school. Mr.Perfect Attendance.

“We can go after school, Sera.” He groaned.

“I’m not ready to go back. I don’t want to deal with Tanya. I don’t want to be approached with questions. I’ll have no one.” I moped. We’re three blocks away from the school.

“No one? I feel insulted. You got me Sera-bean. If anyone gives you a problem, you just tell them to square up with me. Anyone ask you questions; tell them I got the answers.” He started to pick up his speed. I didn’t bother catch up.

It’s not that easy. No one understands.

“Can we please just make a pit spot?” That weak voice finally came, that’s a voice I’m familiar with. I stopped walking and just stood there. I just want to stop. Stop everything, stop time, and just breathe.

“Sera.” Seth called out to me. I lifted my head to give him my attention and he was already walking back to me. “We can’t stay long, you missed enough school.”

He began to lead me towards the hangout and I didn’t know if I should smile or remain emotionless.

That’s what I hated about Seth; he was so weak and always gave in to people.

“Catch up Sera-bean!”