Status: Somebody stop me, i'm writing too many things

You're the Reason I Can't Sleep at Night

For A Second, I Feel Free

I woke up alone and in my bed, my head feeling much clearer. My still hurt, but that’d be better after I showered; which I was definitely going to do right now.
I rolled out of bed and headed down to the basement to shower, smiling to myself as soon as I was under the water. I felt so much better, and even more so after I had brushed my teeth.
I walked up to the kitchen, frowning when I realized no one was here. There was a small note taped to the counter.

Kellin,
We’re all down at the beach.
If you wake up, there’s leftover pizza.
Come find us when you’re done.
Ash

I nodded and set the note down before taking a slice of cold pizza up to my room.
I set it on my bedside table, chewing as I quickly dressed. I brushed my hair out and then towel-dried it again before picking up my dinner again.
I had missed the whole day, and it was already getting dark outside. I chewed, running down the steps barefoot, and headed out to the beach.
I walked slowly, enjoying the warm air, and giving myself some time to eat. I was finished by the time I saw everyone.
I smiled and sat down in the sand by Ash. “Hey. Feel better?” I nodded and smiled at her. “They’re ridiculous,” she said, talking about everyone else as they fought in the water. I nodded and laughed as Mike tossed Vic a good five feet into the ocean.
The sun was setting, coloring the sky a beautiful mixture of pink and purple over the water. Everything felt so peaceful and sweet.
“Did you eat anything?” Ash asked me. “Yeah, I just had pizza,” I said, the light breeze blowing our hair around. She stood up then and stretched, her skirt blowing the side.
It was more like a piece of sheer fabric that covered her bathing suit, along with the black camisole she was wearing. “Are you coming?” I shook my head and nudged her towards the water.
“I just showered,” I said reassuringly. Ash sighed and pulled her tank top off, then her skirt and set them down under her flip flops.
“I feel bad leaving you here,” she said, even as I as shaking my head. “Don’t, I don’t mind,” I really didn’t. I was enjoying just watching everyone else.
“Okay,” she said and tied her hair up. I smiled and watched her walk off towards the water, no one daring to splash her.
Vic noticed me then, a little smile on his lips. He motioned for me to ‘come here’ and then pouted when I shook my head.
“Please?” he mouthed.
I just shook my head again and rolled the ends of my jeans up to my mid-calf. The tide had started to come in, along with Vic, who was pouting at me.
I tried to ignore the halo of light the sunset created around him, highlight his perfect body. “Come swim with us,” he pleaded. “I just showered,” He didn’t take my excuse the way Ash had. “So you can shower again later,”
I shook my head again and leant my hands back in the sand. “I don’t feel like swimming. Besides, I’m watching the sun set,” Vic sighed and walked off, slightly deflated.
I watched everyone play around in the water until it got dark, and they came back to the sand. “Are we allowed to make a bonfire?” Mike asked and fell down into the sand beside me. “I don’t think so. We own the house, not the property,” Jack said. “Damn. That would have been so cool,”
I smiled as everyone sat down, just relaxing as the sky got darker and darker.
“Is anyone else starving?” Alex asked, his stomach growling loudly. We all laughed, everyone nodding but me.
“Aren't you going to come in?” Ash asked and looked down at me. “No, I’m gonna stay out here for a little,”
She frowned, but let me be, and followed everyone else inside. I didn’t really mind being alone. The waves were calming, and I didn’t feel like going inside yet.
I leant back on my arms and looked up at the stars, smiling at how many I could actually see.

“It’s so pretty out here,” Vic said, startling me. He laughed a little and sat down, completely dry now.
“Here,” he handed me a little croissant roll turkey sandwich and looked up at the stars. I smiled at him and took a bite of the sandwich he’s brought. “Who made these?” I asked, smiling as he bit into his.
“Ash, who else?” I smiled and took another bite. “You should really where your glasses more often. They look good on you,” Vic said, looking at me.
I smiled and looked out at the water. “Thanks. And thank you for this,” I said and held up my sandwich. He laughed and nodded before taking a sip of his water.
He held it out to me, smiling when I took a little sip. “I already love it here,” he said, staring out at the sea. “Me too…it’s so calm,” Vic nodded and took another bite.
We ate in silence then, passing his water bottle back and forth.
Vic fell back in the sand, staring up at the sky again. “What are you doing?” I asked after about 10 minutes.
“Nothing…do you want to go inside now?” I shrugged and let Vic pull me up out of the sand. “You didn’t have to wait out here for me,”
Vic shrugged lightly and smiled at me. “I know,” I smiled back and then stopped him. “I’ll race you,” I said, getting a little grin from him. “You’ll lose,” I pushed him to the side and started running, both of us laughing.
“Cheater,” he called as we both got into the house. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Vic rolled his eyes and shoved me playfully.
“Sure you don’t,” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is so pointless

title- "Hell Above" Pierce the Vel