The New Kid

meeting the 'crew' / first day of class

[Kat's POV]
---------
"Kathryn, you're gonna be late for school!" my mom yells to me as i finish straightening my hair. "I'll be done in a minute!" i yell back to my mom. I unplug my straightener and put it in my basket. I look in the mirror and see my beautiful dark blue hair. I used to be a blonde, and i was tired of people calling me a dumb blonde, so i changed my hair color to dark blue.

I grab my things and head downstairs and eat breakfast. "I really love your hair." my mom tells me looking at my now dark blue hair. I chuckle, "I know you do. You said that like a million times already." she chuckles. "I know, but i really do." i smile. "Alright." I finished eating breakfast, grab my keys, head out the door to the my Jeep, and head to school.

[At School]
----------
I pull up in my parking spot and notice a red range rover in the park beside me to my right. I see a guy with dark black pants, a black shirt and a black leather jacket, smoking and talking to a group of people that I don't recognize. But there's only one person that I know..... Zack Dorsey. Yes, he knows me. How? Because he's my cousin. But he knows i can handle myself. Anyways, I get out of my blue Jeep Wrangler and grab my things and head inside.

Before I could get there, though, the guy that i saw smoking sees me and stops me. He smiles. "Hi. I'm Austin. I don't believe we've met before." i roll my eyes. "Thats because you're new here." I walk on but he stops me again. "Can i help you?" i asked rolling my eyes another time. He chuckles. "No, but i didn't catch your name." i smile. "Kathryn. Kathryn Thomas. But people call me Kat. But the only people who call me Kat, are my friends, and you, are not. Now if you'll excuse me, i have a class to get to." I see Austin's face drop, as I walk off to my class hearing 'ooooooooooh!'s' behind me.

[15 Minutes Later]
----------------
I walk into class with 15 minutes left and sit in my seat. I talk to my friends Ashley and Jordyn, while i wait for the bell to ring. "Hey Kat, did you see that guy that was smoking this morning in the student parking lot?" Jordyn asked. "Yeah, i did, and he tried to get me, but it didn't work." I said. "Thats what i'm talking 'bout girl!" Ashley exclaimed high-fiving me.

A minute later after the bell rings, in walks Austin and his, how should I say it, 'crew'. He sees me and smiles. I ignore him. He's new but the teacher didn't introduce them. Now that, I'm happy about. We didn't do anything in class today except talk and be on our phones and do other stuff.

Austin tried talking to me several times, but i told the teacher that I had other important things i had to do, and she let me leave. But what i didn't know, was she let HIM out as well, and came running after me. "Yo, Kat, wait up!" Austin said. I stopped and turned around. "What do you want?" i say back rolling my eyes with an attitude. "I just wanna say sorry for the way i acted this morning." he explained. "First off, don't call me Kat, and second, i ain't got time for your bullshit, Austin. I have to go, and no, i won't see you later." I say putting my hand in front of his face walking off.

But before i could, Austin grabs my wrists, turns me to him, and plants his lips on mine. My mind is shocked right now but the only thing that's coming to mind is 'don't kiss back, Kat. don't kiss back!'. But somehow I kiss back, and i feel Austin smile in the kiss. Damn you Austin! I put my hands on his chest and push him off me. Austin smiles and walks off saying, "My work here is done." After he leaves, surprisingly, i smile. Is that weird?

Well that was fun. Anyways. I walk out to my jeep and head home.

I pull up at my house and turn my Jeep off, and go inside. I put my stuff up in my room and see a note from Mom. Well, i'll be home by myself tonight, i reckon. 'Hey hunny! I'm not coming home tonight, so you're gonna have to do for yourself. I left you $50 dollars on the refrigerator so you can get whatever you want. Don't worry 'bout the change. Keep it. Anyways, i'll be back tomorrow by 5:00 pm. I'll talk to you later. Love, Mom.' Yep. I'm by myself tonight. Great. Oh well. I go the refrigerator to get something to drink when the doorbell rings. I wonder who that is. I know it ain't mom 'cause she won't be back til tomorrow.

I open the door to non other than mr badass himself, Austin, smiling like he just won something. What is he doing here? "Surprised??" Hell yeah!