The New Kid

back together / i love you

I wake up the next morning to an empty space beside me. I get up and go downstairs where i see Austin shirtless cooking breakfast. I smile and sit on one of the stools at the counter. Austin notices me. "good morning." "good morning to you as well." I get up and walk over to Austin and give him a hug. He gives me a kiss. I sit back down. "What are you cooking?" "Eggs, bacon, grits, muffins, which are in the oven. Can you check those?" "Yeah." I check it and its almost done. I sit back down.

Once everything was done, we put it together, and started eating. "Wow. I didn't know you could cook." he smiles. "Its a gift." "I can cook too, you know." "Really?" i nod my head. "We'll see about that." i roll my eyes.

"I gotta tell you something." "Yeah?" he nods. "Okay. Shoot."

"You know i'm a bad boy. Always have been, always will be. You know that. But no one has been able to change me like you have." "I changed you?" "Yep." i smile. "How?" "Well, for starters, they're something about you that every time i think about you, or see or talk to you, i smile and i can't stop thinking about you. And when i can't stop thinking about you, i don't do anything bad." Really?." "Yeah. Crazy, right?" i nod my head.

After we eat, we go to Michele's house to see her and talk. "I heard what happened Kathryn. I'm really sorry." i nod. "Its fine. Your son has done a fantastic job of keeping me together. You know, when i first met him, i thought he was into drugs, and killing people. But when i got to know him good, he doesn't do any of that. He pretends he's a bad boy so he can get girls to go out with him. And it worked. I'm so glad i met him. I just wanna say thank you for producing the most amazing person I've ever met. So, thank you." she smiles. "Your welcome."

"I cant believe i'm saying this, but i love him so much." Austin smiles. "Really?" "Yeah. Crazy right?" "Yeah." Austin and Michele both say at the same time. Michele's phone starts ringing. "Excuse me, i have to take this."

"Did you really mean what you said?" Austin asked. "Yeah. I did. I really do love you. A lot." he smiles. "I love you too." we kiss.