Status: One shot

Trust

Trust and Books

"I really don`t think this is a good idea, Serena."

"Don`t be silly! They`ll love you, Amaya. Die already does."

Amaya Ramone pursed her lips in thought before scowling at her friend. She knew her friend was right. Die may of been Serena`s boyfriend but he treated Amaya as a little sister and has since they met four months ago. Unfortunately with Die being a musician he was constantly on the go and only Serena had met his band members. Until today that is.

Die`s band Dir En Grey happened to be playing only two hours away so the girls really had no problem going. Of course, he had requested as many concerts around his girlfriend as possible for that reason. So far this was the third one and he couldn`t be happier.

Serena Kawamura met Die a year and a half ago at her father`s birthday party. She had been in
Japan special for her father for two weeks before going back to America. She would of stayed longer if it wasn`t for work. Never the less the couple met and did anything but hit it off. Serena thought he was nothing but an annoying musician that was trying too hard to be charming. And Die thought she was a stupid rich daughter of another musician. It took a little while to realize they were both wrong but they did. And a very interest and sweet relationship came from it.

"Just trust me, please?" Serena asked as she looked at her friend.

"I do trust you," Amaya murmured her answered as she followed her friend through the arena Die was playing in tonight. The arena was pretty big. She didn`t know what the maximum capacity was but she knew it was a sold out show.

The two continued to walk down the hall until they finally came to the door marked 'Dir En Grey'. Serena cast Amaya a grin before knocking on the door as hard as she could. She was all but bouncing up and down as she waited for someone to answer. They only had to wait a few minutes before the door was wrenched open by a very angry looking Die. But that anger seemed to disappear as soon as he saw his girlfriend.

You came!" Die exclaimed as he quickly pulled Serena into a hug before turning his attention to Amaya and gave her a hug as well.

"Of course we did," Serena said with a grin. Die cast a grin her way and as soon as he let go of Amaya he pulled his girlfriend in for a long kiss.

"You two are something else," Amaya breathed as she looked away from the couple. She couldn`t really blame them though. They hadn`t seen each other for almost two months.

Die slowly pulled away from Serena and looked over at Amaya and chuckled. He was far too tempted to tease her about the light pink tint to her cheeks but somehow refrained. He didn`t feel like getting hit in the arm and grumbled at. "Are you ready to meet the others?"

"No," Amaya squeaked out.

He chuckled and shook his head, "You`ll be fine. They`re all very excited to meet you."

"They are?" She squeaked again.

"Of course. I speak very highly of you," He answered with a grin.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because you`re my little sister, Amaya."

Serena watched the two with an ever growing smile. She had to admit, she loved the relationship between her boyfriend and her best friend. They truly treated each other as brother and sister: as family. She couldn`t ask for more than that. But she knew exactly how shy her friend could be. Especially around men. Serena could only hope that the presence of Die and herself could help keep her friend calm and comfortable.

"I need you to trust me," Die murmured as he took Amaya`s hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Can you do that?" When she nodded he smiled and kissed her forehead. "Alright. Now let`s go say hi."

The two walked over to Serena and Die took her hand and walked into the dressing room with her but Amaya remained in the doorway. It wasn`t that she was scared to meet these men, they were good friends of Die after all. She was nervous more than anything. Nervous that these men wouldn`t like her. That they would want nothing to do with her. Nervous they would expect her to speak right away and quickly become comfortable.

Of course, it probably would of helped some if Die had told her that he already warned his band about her shyness. But he just had to keep that from her. It really would of done the poor thing a bit of good. She wouldn`t be as nervous as she was.

"Come on," Serena whispered, waving her hand to her friend when she realized she was still standing in the doorway.

Amaya took a deep breath and slowly walked into the room and glanced around. Four men she had never met before were spread out around the room. One man stood in front of the long vanity that stretched across one of the the walls while doing his make up. Another sat on one couch tuning a guitar. A third man stood in the bathroom doorway watching the man that was doing his make up. And the last one sat on the other couch reading a book.

This was definitely not what she had expected. No one appeared to be drinking any form of alcohol or partying in any shape or form. Not what you would expect from rock stars. Of course she didn`t expect pure chaos. But she knew that Die liked to drink, though he made it a point to never be more than tipsy around her, and figured his friends did too from the few stories she had heard. But so far they all seemed very calm.

"Hey, Seri," The man tuning the guitar said as soon as he looked up and saw Serena. He carefully placed his guitar on the couch and got up and walked over to her.

"Hello, Kaoru," Serena replied with a grin before pulling him into a hug.

"Fancy seeing you here," The man doing his make up called to her.

"Fancy seeing you as well, Toshiya. Why don`t you finish your make up and come give me a hug?" She asked after pulling away from Kaoru. But she only got a huff in response. She quickly turned her attention to the man in the doorway, "Hello, Kyo. How are you feeling?"

"Better. Your suggestion worked," The man answered with a small smile.

Serena nodded at his answered and walked over to the man on the couch with a book. "Good afternoon, Shinya. How are you doing, sweetheart?"

The man quickly looked up from his book and smiled at her. "I`m alright. It`s good to see you again.

"It`s good to see you too, sweetheart."

"Will Die be carting you off tonight as usual?" Toshiya asked as he turned around to face everyone, his make up finished.

Die grinned and Serena began to blush a shade of red that Toshiya had yet to see. That was a surprise for him considering how much he loved to tease her and make her blush. Especially when it came to her and his band mates relationship.

"Have you met my friend, Amaya yet?" Serena quickly asked, trying to divert the attention away from her and her rapidly growing blush.

"We have not," Kaoru answered with a slight grin. He knew very well that she was trying to take the attention away from herself but this time he didn`t mind.

Die continued to grin as he walked over to Amaya, who was still standing close to the door as if she was ready to try and run at any moment. "It`s okay. Trust me," He quickly whispered in her ear as he took her hand and began to slowly walk her over to his friends.

"Everyone, this is my good friend, Amaya. Amaya, this is everyone," Serena introduced with a grin before she began to point out each band member while saying their names.

"It`s nice to meet you all," Amaya said, her voice barely above a whisper. Kyo and Toshiya had to strain to hear her.

"It`s very nice to finally be able to meet you as well," Kaoru replied with his best reassuring smile. The poor girl looked far too nervous for his liking.

"Are you excited for the show tonight?" Toshiya asked in an attempt to get her to talk again but when he only got a nod in response he suppressed a sigh and silently reminded himself that she was shy and he needed to be gentle.

Kyo however was watching the girl with twitching lips. She was definitely shy. And while he understood that better than he cared to admit he knew she needed to get comfortable in order to be around them. He could see why Die raved about her though. She seemed like a sweet girl.

"Would you like to sit down?" Shinya asked, keeping his voice soft and low in hopes it would have a calming affect on her.

Amaya nodded and slowly walked over to him and sat down on the couch, though she did put enough space between them for two other people. But in Shinya`s mind it was progress. He wanted to see the girl his band mate considered a sister. She was going to need to get comfortable and open up for that. He could only hope that she got to that point by the end of the night. He had a feeling she wouldn`t be coming back if she didn`t.

While the others chatted and laughed with each other Amaya stayed almost completely silent. Sure, they tried to get her to talk to them. Especially Toshiya and even Kyo but she either nodded her head or gave one worded answers. Serena was beginning to worry a bit and Die was starting to wonder if bringing her to meet everyone was such a good idea. They both seemed to of forgot just how shy their friend was. Shinya however was not giving up. He wanted to see the girl his friend considered a sister. She had to be pretty amazing for him to think so highly of her.

Shinya glanced at Amaya and pursed his lips in thought. There had to be some way. A grin suddenly appeared on his face as he got an idea. It may not work but it was worth a shot. He grabbed his book and placed it beside her. Thankfully that quickly caught her attention. She cast a side glance at the book now beside her before leaning over a bit to properly look at it.

"Do you like to read? Shinya asked softly.

"Very much," Amaya breathed.

There we go. Finally a way to get her to open up, he thought to himself. He smiled at her and nodded, "What do you like to read?"

She shrugged and thought for a moment before answering, "I`ll read just about anything to be honest. It just has to catch my interest."

He nodded and glanced at the book beside her, "What about that one?"

She quickly looked back down at the book and gingerly picked it up and began to examine it before looking over to read the summary on the back. "Not bad," She finally whispered after a few minutes of silence.

"Would you like to read it?" Shinya asked, trying to keep his voice as calm and low as possible despite how excited he was becoming.

"C-Can I?" Amaya stuttered out as she gazed up at him.

"Of course. I wouldn`t mind," He answered with a grin.

She nodded and gently opened the book. She flipped to the first chapter and began to read. As she read she seemed to become oblivious to those around her. Like how Shinya had moved closer so he was almost sitting next to her. Or how Toshiya stopped his conversation with Kaoru and Kyo to gaze at the two on the couch. Or even how Die and Serena stopped their hushed whispers to each other in the corner to watch as well. It seemed Shinya had found a way to get her to open up.

Over the course of an hour things steadily progressed. As the others got ready for the show Amaya and Shinya remained on the couch. Only this time things were a bit different. Shinya had his arm across the back of the couch while Amaya was all but curled into his side as she softly read to him. No one knew if the glass of wine Kyo had given her had began to open her up more or if it was Shinya. But then again, no one seemed to really care. They just knew that she was slowly coming out of her shell and they were liking it.

"Shinya!" Serena called over, wincing when Amaya almost dropped her glass. Thankfully Shinya grabbed it with her at the same time, causing their hands to be pressed together.

"Yes, Serena?" Shinya called back, trying to refrain from burying his face in Amaya`s neck in an effort to keep the little bubble they had created from bursting.

"You need to finish getting ready, Sweetheart. You guys go on in ten," Serena replied with an apologetic smile.

"Of course," Shinya breathed. And this time he did drop his face into the crook of Amaya`s shoulder, making her blush. "Sorry," He whispered to her when he realized she was blushing.

"It`s okay," She squeaked out with a shake of her head. Truth was, she didn`t mind at all. But being so close to each other and his warm breath on her neck was just about to start driving her nuts.

He slowly got off the couch, placed a quick kiss to the top of her head and went to the bathroom to change into what he wanted to wear on stage. After changing clothes he waved to her and left the room with the rest of his band mates to go preform.

"So, you seemed to be getting pretty cozy with a certain drummer," Serena teased as she walked over to her friend and plopped down next to her on the couch.

"He`s nice," Amaya defended after gulping down the last bit of her wine.

"He`s nice, huh?" Serena echoed before shaking her head. "That`s it?"

"Fine. He`s very attractive," Amaya confessed, refusing to look anywhere but the floor.

"You haven`t been in a relationship in almost two years. Think you might want to try with Shinya?"

"Isn`t it a bit soon to be thinking that way? We`ve only known each other for half an hour."

"True. But I think you should give him a chance. Trust him."

Amaya pursed her lips before standing up with a huff. "Are we going to go watch the show or not?"

Serena grinned and stood up. She knew she got her friend thinking. "Lead the way."

The two friends walked through the arena until they got to the stage and watched the band play from the side. It was different from watching from the crowd but it was still fun to watch. It amazed both of them how much everyone put into the songs. Especially Kyo. He ended up breaking down during a couple of the songs and it took everything both girls had not to go out there and comfort him in some way. But all in all it was a very good concert. And Serena and Amaya were all toohappy to tell them so after the concert was over.

"You were amazing out there," Amaya murmured to Shinya, making him grin at her.

"I`m glad you think so," He murmured back as they began to walk back to the dressing room.

"I don`t know how he isn`t exhausted," Amaya whispered as she observed Die giving Serena a piggy back ride.

"He`s still riding the rush," Kaoru said with a grin as he looked back at her. "He`ll more than likely begin to crash after a shower."

Amaya nodded and followed the others into the dressing room and sat down on the couch with
Serena.

"We`ll see you guys at the hotel, right?" Serena asked as she watched them gathering their things.

"Yeah. We`ll meet you there," Die answered as he walked over to the two friends. "Did I give you my spare room key?"

Serena quickly felt around the pockets of her jeans before nodding when she found it. "Yep. Iv`e got it."

Die nodded and pulled her into a kiss as soon as she stood up. The pair slowly pulled apart minutes later and he made sure to lightly bite at her bottom lip as they parted. And he got exactly the reaction he wanted seconds later: she let out a little whine and tried to her press her smaller body against his much bigger one. But he simply grinned down at her and shook his head before leaning down to whisper in her ear,"At the hotel."

Serena let out a huff but nodded at his words. He knew exactly what lip biting did to her and it seemed that he was trying to use it to his advantage. She didn`t really mind though. Not in the slightest. She wouldn`t be seeing him for three and a half months after tonight. Might as well get some fun in.

Meanwhile, Amaya and Shinya sat on the couch talking and desperately trying to ignore the couple making out just three feet away.

"What are you doing after this?" Shinya asked softly.

Amaya shrugged as she replied, "I`m not really sure. Serena and myself got a room at the hotel so we could stay around you guys but it seems she`ll be spending the night in Die`s room. I`ll probably watch a movie or something."

"Could I possibly join you?" He asked, his words slightly muffled from the way he was nervously chewing on his bottom lip.

She looked up at him in surprise but nodded. "Of course."

"Amaya! Let`s go," Serena called from the dressing room door.

Amaya quickly got up and moved to leave but Shinya gently caught her wrist, making her pause to look down at him. "What is it?"

"I don`t have your room number," Shinya answered sheepishly.

"I can fix that," She murmured before looking back at her friend. "Toss me your room key!" Serena eyed her for a minute before digging the key out of her pocket and tossed it to her. She thankfully caught it and handed it back to the man on the couch.

"Thank you," He murmured with a nod as he looked it over, noting the room number was on the small card attacked to the key.

Serena and Amaya quickly left the arena and headed to the hotel. Sure enough, after they got to their room Serena grabbed her back and left for Die`s room. Amaya happily stayed behind and began looking for something to watch on tv. Fifteen minutes later Shinya gently knocked on the door before unlocking it and slowly walking in. He wasn`t all that surprised to see Amaya curled up at the top of the bed with a book in her lap and the tv now off.

"Hey," Amaya said with a small smile as she looked up at him.

"Hello," He replied before walking over to the bed and sitting down on the edge to take off his shoes and turned around to lay down next to her. "Reading anything good?"

"Dracula," She admitted with a soft laugh.

"I don`t think Iv`e read that one," He confessed as he sat up a little to get a good look at the book.

She marked her place with a bookmark and handed it to him to look over. Now this she could deal with. Curled up reading a book with a very attractive man. It was something her last relationship lacked greatly. Perhaps Serena was right. She needed to trust Shinya. He seemed harmless.

"I definitely haven`t read this one," Shinya affirmed with a nod after reading the back of the book. "I think Iv`e seen the movie though."

"The movie is a bit different. I like them both though," Amaya confessed as she took the book back from him and sat it in her lap.

Shinya opened his mouth to say something but was promptly cut off by a loud moan and what sounded like a headboard banging against the wall. "Is that...."

Amaya sat up and glared at the wall before quickly covering her mouth to silence a shriek when she heard an unfortunately familiar female moan.

"They`re room is beside us, isn`t it?" Shinya huffed.

"I believe so," Amaya answered after uncovering her mouth.

"Would you like to go see a movie?" He asked hurriedly as the moans and banging got louder.

"I would love to. There`s a theater not far from here that stays open twenty four hours on the weekends," She answered, her tone just as hurried as his.

The pair quickly threw on their shoes and left the room and the hotel as quickly as they could without looking suspicious. They took a cab since Serena had the car keys and went to a little theater and picked the first movie they saw a poster for. Neither knew what it was about or really cared. They just knew it was almost three hours long and it would keep them away from the hotel for a while.
As they watched the movie, curled up to each other as much as the theater seats would allow, Amaya began to think after casting a quick glance at Shinya. Serena was quite right, she decided. Perhaps trust was exactly what she needed. That and a good book and a movie theater at midnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
This would of been up yesterday but I didn`t like the ending very much so I tried to redo it a bit. I`m still not completely happy with how this turned out though. But I decided to post it because there isn`t really anything on here for Shinya and because I said I would. Hopefully whoever reads this likes it more than I do. I`d love to know what you think so please comment and let me know. Thank you!