Status: Merry Christmas Noelle

The Fog

Into the Darkness

He didn't struggle against the chains wrapped around his ankles. His shoulders sagged in defeat with his head hanging. A small fire provided enough warmth in the underground cave to keep the chilled air at bay.

She had stripped him of his jacket leaving him in a black t-shirt, caramel colored arms shining with sweat. His eyes were closed as he breathed taking in the scents around him. Dirt, grass, smoke, all of it was familiar. The crackling of leaves broke his thoughts, his head lifting slightly to see the feet of his kidnapper. Her legs were bare, a milky white contrasting against the darkness of the rock walls, and her muscles were defined as she walked.

"Bellamy Blake," her voice was crisp. "I've been watching you for some time." Shedding the fur vest from her body she tossed it carelessly to the side. Gazing into the fire a smile spread on her lips. "Your people are quite the survivors."

He didn't respond. His eyes wandered along the objects that hung on the wall with curiosity. They weren't weapons, but they weren't harmless. Several had blades while the others looked more craft related. Bottles of random liquids and herbs littered the make-shift table just past the fire with a deer skin pinned up, mini pockets full of other things along its girth. He flinched when the girl squatted to eye level, a canteen in her fingers. "Drink."

"No." His dark eyes met hers. Through the thick paint on her cheeks he could see the few scars that defined her. Gripping his chin she squeezed his jaw harshly causing him to jerk back and throw up his arm. Leaning away from him to avoid the blow she thrust her free arm out knocking his head back into the rock. He grabbed onto her wrist which she twisted around, her arm now wrapped around his neck. Shoving his face into the ground she put her knee in his lower back putting extra pressure on the spine.

"Do not underestimate me," she hissed in his ear. His face was scrunched up and he attempted to shake her off. "You're fighting a losing battle."

"Then kill me!" Dirt covered his lips as he struggled to breathe regularly. "Get it over with." Pushing his head into the ground harder she rolled off of him. Walking away with her hands on her hips she shook her head.

"I am not going to kill you." Throwing her arms up she let out a breath. "If that were the case you would already be dead."

"Then what do you want with me?" Bellamy leaned against the cave wall and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He followed her figure as she paced slowly around the fire, the smoke billowing toward the sky through the small hatch work she had made with sticks and vines.

"We have dealt with people similar to your kind."

"People from outer space?" He scoffed.

"Outsiders are not uncommon in our land." Kneeling in front of the fire she picked up a single stick and blew on the end, the orange embers brightening. "The Grounders have fought many enemies. Some large, some small. But in the mountains lies a beast that we cannot conquer alone. We are taken, tortured, turned into monsters, and thought to be savage by the very people you call your friends." Waving the stick in front of her face she smiled. "You have no idea what waits."

"Your scare tactics do little for my imagination." Resting of his arms on his knee, Bellamy leaned against the rock for better support. Tossing the stick into the fire she stood at her full height. Her brown tendrils were tied out of her face in confusing braids and a single feather poked out of whatever bound it at the nape of her neck.

"I don't need to try to scare you, Bellamy." Walking to the other side of the cavern she dug through a pile of clothing. A cloak made from animal hide he didn't recognize pooled around her shoulders, her fingers snapping a buckle in the front. Grabbing the bow leaning at the entrance of her home she gave him a once over before moving into the darkness.

"Where are you going?" His voice echoed around him. "You're just going to leave me here!?" He slammed his hands into the earth when he got no response, his breathing shallow as it all sank in.

He was alone with a Grounder in the middle of nowhere.

And no one was coming to save him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Amen.

A.