Status: Merry Christmas Noelle

The Fog

Green Boots

Four days. Bellamy ran his finger along the mark he had made in the rock. The sun had set again, the noises from outside barely audible from the hidden hole in the ground. He tugged lazily on the chain circling his ankle and sighed. He thought they would have come. That they would search for him. But every time the grounder returned with no wounds of attack he felt defeated.

She sat opposite the fire with a small wooden bowl in her hands. Drinking from the rim she eyed him carefully through the flames. The liquid was cold against her tongue and tasted of watered down berries. She had ground the shells of two different beetles and mashed them with the dark berries. The concoction was an antidote to the poison that stained her knives. A small bowl rested by Bellamy's foot untouched.

Studying for the past few days had proven interesting. He did not fidget nor did he seem overly calm. His eyes were always attentive when she came back from a hunt. She did not miss the way his shoulders would sag upon recognition or the sound of him constantly pulling on the chain in the dead of night. Taking the last drink from her bowl she licked her lips.

Standing she moved around the fire and placed the bowl on the table she had built. Reaching into the pouch of her hand-made vest she felt the cool temperature of a metal key. Bellamy kept his gaze on the object as she knelt in front of him.

"You and I are going for a walk." His face didn't change. "I would advise you to drink up."

"How do I know it's not poison?"

"I'm not dead, am I?" She ruffled his hair making him swat at her arm. Angrily she pulled on the dirty tufts of hair yanking his head to the side. He grabbed onto her wrist with a face exposing his pain. "If you do not drink it I will slit your throat right here, right now." Producing a knife from behind her back she used the handle of the weapon to secure the key into the palm of her hand. The blade touched his skin and Bellamy tried to jerk away. A small knick pooled with blood until gravity took hold and a thin drip rolled along his neck. Sticking out her bottom lip with a shrug she said, "Now it looks like you'll die unless you drink up."

Releasing his hair she waited, his hand raising to the cut to wipe the blood. Giving her the meanest glare she had seen from him, Bellamy snatched up the small bowl and downed the liquid it held. Throwing the bowl into the fire he leaned back into the wall. "Feel better?"

"Go fuck yourself."

"Ah, you see, such an empty threat," she said with a grin. Unlocking the chain she put the key back in the pouch and stood. "Because fucking myself would just lead to pleasure." Walking to the entrance she delicately picked up a bow, the quiver dangling off a hook. Putting both of them on her back she glanced over her shoulder. Bellamy was using the wall as leverage to get to his feet. "You do know that if you try to run at any time, it's not me you're going to have to worry about. We are not near your friends nor can they find you. If you flee, you'll never see them again."

"I was under the impression I wasn't going to regardless." His footsteps were uneven as he followed her through the entrance. She was already at the top of a ladder lifting a small hatch made from tightly woven limbs and vines when he spoke again. "How do you know I just won't kill you?"

The statement made her laugh out loud, the noise echoing through the darkness. Shaking her head she let out a yell when she was tackled. Bellamy punched her twice in the face before she got her bearings. Bracing her feet she shoved her hips upward to knock him off balance. She threw her right arm up in an arc and slammed her fist into the side of his head. Slipping on the wet leaves she barely ducked out of the way of his foot, her hands reaching out to grab onto his ankle and twist it. He hissed at the shock wave that traveled up his leg.

The grounder was about to deliver another blow when she heard the whirling of wind. Her head tilted and her eyes narrowed, her senses screaming at her. He saw her hesitation and brought up his free leg. She didn't have time to move out of the way before his shoe collided with her shin. Instantly she fell backward letting his foot drop. The world was spinning as she lay there.

Multiple footsteps made the ground vibrate underneath her. Blinking rapidly she tried to roll onto her side. Her eyes met a pair of dark green boots.

"Hello again Mya." She groggily dug her fingers into the dirt. "It's been a while."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Poor Bell.

A.