Status: Merry Christmas Noelle

The Fog

Prisoner

Mya could feel every twig, every leaf, every inch of earth under her bare feet. Ropes kept her wrists together in raw fashion. All her weapons had been discarded, broken, thrown into bushes to be forgotten. A man covered by a green suit tugged on her restraints to keep her movement up to his speed. Bellamy grunted behind her as he was lashed with another branch. His hands were bound by a plastic tie that could only be broken if cut, torso bare of cloth but covered in dirt, sweat, and lacerations.

They had been walking due west for majority of the night. Mya glanced through the tree tops every now and then to look at the position of the moon. She knew where they were headed, knew what was going to happen, and formulated a plan silently. Her time frame was thinning the further they traveled.

"Wellington," the back guards voice shattered the silence enveloping the group. The man in front of Mya turned to look over his shoulder. "I need to change tanks."

"Already?" Mya could sense the irritation in his voice.

"I didn't have a full one to begin with."

"There's a bunker over the hill. We can stop there to change it out." The man tugged on Mya's rope and she jerked forward nearly tripping on a tree root. "Careful there." His chuckle made her bite her tongue.

Fifteen minutes later they came to a stop. The hill descended into darkness, trees surrounding them for who knows how many yards, and boulders stuck up from the ground. Bellamy was shoved into Mya making them both stumble backward. The rocky surface cut into the bottoms of their feet drawing small lines of blood. Instinctively he held onto her arm to keep them supported, the gesture quickly dropped as soon as he realized what he had done.

The guard holding Mya stepped forward with a baton that buzzed. A crackling blue light emitted from the end. "You make any moves, I taze you."

The second guard was turning a small wheel protruding from the mossy ground. Squealing echoed into the night as he lifted the door open. Mya shifted weight from her right leg to her left, eyes zeroed in on the man holding them hostage. Without warning she leaped onto Bellamy with a wild yell.

"What the fuck?!" Bellamy raised his arms in defense but they were already rolling on the ground. She had her hands wrapped around his throat and leaned in so their noses were touching.

"Hit me." Her hold on him loosened. "Hit me and run. Find your people and go." The guard raised the baton to push into her side but Bellamy beat him to it. His elbow connected with her face tilting her off balance enough to knock her completely to the ground. Springing to her feet she tackled the guard, the baton sliding along the wet rock out of reach. Bellamy was already a shadow in the trees by the time the other guard scrambled out of the bunker. "Bastards!" She smashed the guards head into the stone until her entire body ceased movement. Electric shocks pulsed through her muscles causing her to jolt upright and fall limply.

"Stupid bitch." The first man kicked her hard in the side.

"What about the boy?"

"Leave him. She's all we need for now." He was rubbing the back of his head while the other man yanked Mya off the ground. Pulling her so she could see the freckles on his cheek through the little window of his suit, the man glared at her.

"You pull that shit again and you're dead."

"Is that a promise?" She smiled wickedly at the man which only earned her a slap across the face. Her laughter spilled out of her before she could stop it. "You hit like a new born child." Something hard slammed against the top of her head knocking her out cold.

…...........

The entrance for the reaper caves was only an hour and a half away. Mya had long since been dropped to her feet and forced to remain on foot. She never once complained about her injuries, showing no signs of weakness to the men keeping her. She had trained herself to be immune to such, having no one but herself to cry to when she sprained something or was burnt.

The sun rose slowly into the sky. Light dusted her skin while steam rolled up from the woods. Temperatures fluctuated multiple times throughout the day in the parts they had traveled in, Mya going from shivering to sweating in minutes. She admired the way the streaks of yellow danced on nature, how the wild reacted to the brightness, and she smiled to herself.

Wellington tugged on Mya's ropes harshly. Her foot caught on an upturned root. Catching herself on her hands and knees she ripped her arms backward. The guard stumbled toward her and she swung her hands hard into the side of his head. The man from behind wrapped his gloved hand in her hair. She grimaced, head tilting back, and spat at his mask. Letting out a growl he swiped at the plastic removing the substance.

"I'm going to end this hassle right now." He reached behind his back to the gun strapped in his belt. Mya rested on her knees, the barrel of the gun now flush against the back of her head. The other guard, Wellington, rubbed his head where she had hit him, eyes glaring daggers. "Any last words?"

"I hope you fucks get what you deserve." His thumb pressed down on the hammer, the bullet getting settled. Mya shut her eyes taking a deep breath through her nose. She counted the thumps of her heart as it pounded in her chest. Her body relaxed once she cleared her mind and accepted her fate.

A gunshot rang out in the woods sending birds out of the tree tops. Mya's eyes flew open to see blood splattered on Wellington's suit. The man behind her dropped to the ground, a hole in his back. Wellington turned just as another shot was fired. Mya watched in fascination as blood exploded in his mask and he fell face first into the dirt.

Several moments passed. Mya sat completely still listening to the noises around her. Crunching leaves came from her right. Turning her head she gazed at a girl with jet black hair tied out of her face. Her blue eyes raked over her figure as she approached. In front of Mya another figure emerged from the trees, this one with shaggy brown hair and a gun in his hands.

"Is this her?" The girl spoke in a clipped tone, her hand wrapped tightly on the handle of her machete.

"Yeah, that's her." Mya whirled around at the sound of Bellamy's voice. He knelt down and lifted her wrists, a knife cutting through the restraints as he stared at her.

"Let's hurry up then," the dark haired girl did a quick look around. "I'm sure we drew attention to ourselves."

Bellamy stood offering his hand. Mya gazed at it curiously before extending her bruised one. Helping her stand he gave her a crooked smile, brown eyes gleaming in the sunlight. "Now you're our prisoner."

A bag covered her head sending her back into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mya and bellamy, oh how the tides have turned.

:)
A.