Status: You might see a few errors here and there. . or perhaps a lot but it's not about how I write it. It's about telling a story and imagining it in your mind.

The Last of Us: Revelations

The Runaway Man

Joel was gone.

That's all Tommy had to say to get Ellie's full undivided attention. Her brown orbs locked with his, her face full of confusion.

"What do you mean gone?"

"He left sometime last night Ellie, he took a few men and left. They didn't leave no word of leaving but when Maria came to me this morning, saying a few men were missing.. I knew Joel had something to do with it." Tommy, rubbing his eyes had released a irritating sigh. He was tired, they all were.

"It doesn't make sense. He wouldn't just leave without saying a word. That's not like Joel and you know that." Ellie was feeling frustrated, she didn't know what was going on. All she knew Joel was gone, that's all that mattered to her.

Her back pressed against the torn chair, her legs were stacked on top of the metal table, and her arms crossed over her small bust. "Did they take any horses?" Tommy simply shook his head.
Ellie lowered her head, thoughts running through her ill mind, wondering. "How far could they have gotten by now?"

Tommy shrugged his old shoulders, a dull and stupid look on his face, "no clue but knowing Joel, they wouldn't even get to rest until they got as far from here as possible. They know those clickers and shit are out there, which is why they know we won't come lookin' for em'."
Ellie smirked and released a huff as she stood. "Son of a bitch, I'm going to kick his ass when we get him back."

His head cocked to the side, his brow arched in confusion, "you're not seriously thinking about going after him... Right? I mean, cause' if you are, you're just as fucking stupid as he is."
She gave him an angry look as she slammed her a hand on the table and pointed at him. "Well he's your fucking brother, he's practically my father and you're going to sit there and say that? What the fuck is wrong with you Tommy?"

"What's wrong with me? There ain't nothing wrong with me but you know just as well as I do that going after him, isn't a very good idea. Have you forgotten what's out there? Seriously Ellie, we aren't dealing with hunters here" He stood from his chair and exited the room in an unmannerly fashion. Ellie just scoffed and crossed her arms.

****

A few hours later, after everything had calmed down, Ellie was laying on her bed. She held a book in front of her, a book that was given to her by an old friend. A friend who she once loved dearly. Pun books and comics were all she had these days. Rereading the material, Ellie had pretty much memorized the words. Her eyes scanned the pages, her mind reading them and every once in awhile she would smile. It was rare seeing Ellie smile, it seemed all her emotions were just shot these past few months.

It had been 20 years since that day, when Joel and Ellie had returned back to the dam, Joel had told her that the Fireflies found more people like her. But it had only been two months since Joel had told her the truth about what really happened. How he rescued her and killed Marlene and bringing her back to Tommy's to hide her. Back then as a kid, she knew she wouldn't have understood why he had done it but now she knew why. He loved her, loved her like he had Sarah. She could never replace Sarah but at least Ellie helped ease his pain.

She jumped, the book flying from her hands, her head turned to see Tommy breathing heavily, his dark hair covering his face. "What the fuck Tommy?! You scared the shi-"
"We got company, there's a group of people outside the walls." He had brushed his hair back.

Ellie didn't hesitate, she jumped from the bed and followed Tommy outside. She grabbed a rifle from one of the guards and walked up to the edge of the wall. Wrapping the strap around her arm, she pushed the rifle against her shoulder and aimed it at the group. The others had hesitated by they followed her actions.

"Stop right there assholes. Come any closer and I'll put a bullet in ya."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not the best writer, but I hope ya'll enjoy what I've posted so far.