Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

nine.

As Hannah went to find the Jurassic Park movies in Alex's collection, she sent the male downstairs for dessert.

As the male fixed an ice cream sundae for them to share, Alex saw his mother enter the kitchen.

"Only one bowl? Are you two really together, Alexander?"

"We really are, Mum. It finally was the right time," Alex said, a bright smile forming on his face.

"Just be careful, Alexander. You're in a relationship with two people now. Little Katelynne has just as many feelings as her mother. If you break Hanna's heart, you'll be breaking Katelynne's as well," the Gaskarth matriarch spoke.

"I never thought about that, but I'm not going to break Hanna's heart, Mum. I've waited too long for this moment and I'm not going to screw it up," Alex spoke.

"Good," his mother replied. "I love that little girl," she said. "We've had quite a few play dates at the park," Mrs. Gaskarth continued. "I won't stop that because you break up with either of them."

Nodding at his mother, Alex knew that Hanna's daughter had a special place in his mother's heart and he couldn't help but wonder about being Katelynne's father.

Knowing that it wasn't something to take lightly, Alex thought about it after his mother left the kitchen. What if Katelynne was his daughter? How much had he missed out on? But, what would he be looking forward to in the future with that little girl?

Getting back to reality, Alex finished putting together the ice cream sundae for Hanna and himself and went upstairs to deliver it.

Entering his room, Alex saw an empty bed, as well as the glow of the light from under his bathroom door.

"Hanna?" Alex called out.

"I'll be out in a minute," she called ack.

"Don't take too long, the ice cream is going to melt," Alex spoke, making himself comfortable in bed and bringing a spoonful of ice cream to his mouth.

Opening the door, Hanna stepped out of the bathroom, wearing nothing more than a white tank top and a pair of hot pink boy shorts.

"I love you too, baby girl. Now, behave for Miss Jenny and eat all of your veggies," Hanna spoke.

Not long after Hanna finished speaking, she laughed and ended the call.

"So, Katelynne, huh?" Alex asked. "Wasn't that the name of all your dolls when we were kids?"

"Yes, Katelynne. And yes, that was all of their names. If you had seen her when she was born, you'd have seen that she looked just like a porcelain doll," Hanna justified.

"I'm sure that she looked just like her doll-like mother," Alex spoke.

"Actually, Katelynne doesn't look much like me at all. She is a spitting image of her daddy," Hanna informed him.

"Then, the next one will look just like you," Alex spoke.

"Oh no. I'm not having another baby until Katelynne has moved out and gone to college," Hanna laughed.

"So, that's what she got from you," Alex laughed.

"Hey! Be nice!" Hanna spoke climbing into Alex's bed and snuggling up to him.

"What? You were a handful growing up. You taught me your bad habits," the male spoke.

"Bad habits? I don't have any of those," Hanna replied, opening her mouth when Alex offered her a spoonful of ice cream.

"Just you wait. I'll show you next time you do one of them."

"Whatever, butthead."

Laughing, the pair ate the rest of the cold treat and watched the first and second Jurassic Park movies.

Eventually, the second movie had finished and the third and final installment was put in.

When the third movie had ended, Alex looked over and saw Hanna fast asleep. "Bad habit number eight: falling asleep before we put Toy Story on to fight the dinosaur nightmares."

Knowing full well that Hanna was going to wake him up later on due to a nightmare, Alex turned off the tv, laid back, and closed his eyes.

No more than an hour later, Alex woke up to Hanna kicking him in her sleep. It had startled him awake, just like it had so many times in the past.

Knowing what he needed to do, Alex rolled onto his side and put his arm around the girl and pulled her close to his body.

"Hanna," Alex whispered in her ear. "Hanna, you're having a bad dream. It's time that you wake up and watch Toy Story with me."

At first, Hanna didn't react to anything that Alex had said, but the more that he spoke, the more Hanna drifted into a conscious state.

"Did I fall asleep again?" Hanna asked when her eyes opened and were met with Alex's that were staring right back at her.

"Yes, which would be bad habit number eight on the light," Alex said with a laugh.

"Number eight?" Hanna questioned. "How long is this list exactly?"

"I don't know, it's pretty long," Alex teased.

"You're a mean boyfriend," Hanna said, sticking her tongue out at the male.

"No, I'm not," Alex replied.

"Prove it," Hanna dared.

"Fine," Alex said, turning and climbing on top of his new girlfriend.

Smiling down at Hanna, Alex pressed his lips down to hers and kissed his girl with an extreme amount of passion and lust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update on a snow day from work. (: I'm not going to promise any more chapters today, just in case that I don't get around to posting them, but I can promise more chapters soon.

xoxo,
Codie