Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

eleven.

As the two women and the small girl walked out of the YMCA gymnasium, they went straight for Hanna's car. Just as Hanna had lifted her daughter into the car, she heard a familiar voice call out her name.

"Hanna!" the male called out.

Turning to see the male walking towards her, Hanna couldn't have been any more thankful that her car had tinted windows. "Hey, Zack," she spoke.

"Babysitting still?" he questioned.

"It's a little more full time," Hanna spoke cryptically.

"You quit your job to be a full-time babysitter?" Zack asked, obviously confused at Hanna's lack of information.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" Katelynne called from her car seat.

"Oh...," Zack responded. "I didn't know you had a baby. Do I know her dad? Is that why you never told me or the guys that you were pregnant?" he asked.

Hanna saw the hurt look in Zack's eyes when he spoke. "Zack, please don't be upset for not telling you that I got pregnant. I was scared of what all of you would say or think of me."

"Hanna, you know that we all would have been there for you, no matter what."

"I'm sorry, Zack."

"So, you never told me if I knew who your baby daddy is," Zack spoke.

"That's why I never told you guys that I was pregnant."

"I don't get it, Hanna. Just answer the question and stop avoiding it."

"Mommy!" Katelynne screamed out loudly.

"She was conceived on my birthday and I didn't know who her father was until she was born," Hanna answered. "One of you is her father."

"What?" Zack asked, stunned.

"One of the four of you is her father, but I kept her away from all of you, because you guys had so much going on and I wasn't about to let her father drop out of the band and lose his dream of playing music just to raise a baby."

"Hanna, you know that's not fair to whoever her father is," Zack spoke.

"Tell me something, Zack. If I would have told you, Rian, Alex, or Jack that I was pregnant, would you have quit the band, even if it was only temporary, to help me raise my daughter? You know damn well that if I told any of you, you all would have come home and helped take care of Katelynne, but you would have been miserable. I didn't want that for any of you, so I never said anything. Be upset all you want, all of you have that right, but I did what I knew was best for everybody," Hanna spoke.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through all of this alone," Zack finally spoke, bringing the girl in for a hug.

"It's okay, Zack," Hanna spoke. "But, I really do have to go. Katelynne is hungry and I can't just let her starve so that we can catch up," she laughed.

"Text me later, okay?" Zack spoke.

"Of course. I love you, Zack," Hanna answered.

"Love you too, Hanna," he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this will be update number one of three this evening. I know that I have a lot of making up to do for my extended hiatus with this story, but I'm going to do my best to indulge all of you with more of the story.

xoxo,
Codie