Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

thirteen.

After walking out of Zack's apartment, Rian immediately grabbed for the cellphone in the front right pocket of his pants. The moment that he unlocked the screen, he dialed Hanna's number, because he felt that she had a right to know what the group was up to.

It took a few moments, but eventually the girl answered. "Hey, Rian," she spoke in a happy tone. "What's up?"

"They're plotting against you, Hanna," the male explained.

Confused, Hanna stopped what she was doing and focused on the call she had received. "What are you talking about, Rian? Plotting what?"

Sighing softly, Rian knew that Hanna was in for it. When the guys in the band started plotting something, they always got some sort of a result, good or bad. "They want to force you to tell them which one of them is Katelynne's father," he spoke.

"Rian, that's not fair to me, or Katelynne, in fact," Hanna replied.

Understanding his best friend's side of the story, Rian also understood the opposing side as well. "It's also not fair that you didn't tell any of us, Hanna."

Since she had been sitting in the restaurant with Mrs. Gaskarth and Katelynne, Hanna excused herself from the table so that she was able to finish the conversation a little more privately. When she made her way outside, Hanna looked around and saw no one; everyone seemed to be inside enjoying a meal that none of them had to slave over. "Rian, I did what was best for everyone. You can't tell me that he wouldn't have quit the band to raise Katelynne. You and I both know that he would have. Or, you guys would have at least gone on a hiatus until she got a little older. I was not going to be the whore that ruined All Time Low," Hanna spoke. "And, I wasn't going to let Katelynne in on that kind of scrutiny or abuse from your fans, because we all know that that would have happened."

"I know, Hanna. I know," Rian spoke. "I understand why you kept it to yourself. You were protecting your daughter and I fully respect that."

"You're probably the only one that sees the whole picture," Hanna said to him. "Seeing how Alex was able to hang out with you guys already today and I didn't get so much as a good morning, I'm going to make plans without him. How would you feel about coming over and having a movie night with Katelynne and myself?" Hanna questioned.

Thinking for a moment or two, Rian soon replied. "I think that that sounds like a good time. Pizza?"

"Extra cheese," Hanna spoke up.

"Some things never change," Rian laughed. "I'm going to head home and shower fast. I'll just head over after I'm done. I'll let myself in if you're not back yet. Is the code still the same?" he asked.

"Still the same," Hanna replied, smiling brightly. Rian was always the one that kept her grounded and the only one that never overreacted to any news, outrageous or not. "We're going to finish up lunch and maybe do a little shopping if Moreen is up for it and it's not too late. Katelynne needs a nap still," Hanna stated. "Then, we should be home."

"Don't rush for me," Rian spoke. "I know how to use the remote."

"We'll see you soon, Ri," Hanna said, heading back into the restaurant.

Taking a seat at the table, Moreen looked across the table at the young woman. "You seem a bit bothered, Hanna. Spill it."

Laughing at how the older woman always seemed to know when something was bothering her, Hanna had to admit that it was a nice feeling to know that she was actually cared about that much to be asked about how she was doing. "The boys are plotting," Hanna answered.

"Oh boy," Moreen replied. "This is either going to end very badly or very well. I can't quite put my finger on which one it'll be yet," she continued honestly.

"Yeah, me neither, which is what scares me," Hanna spoke.

"Well, let's just enjoy our meal and good company and figure this out later. You know that I'll always be here for you and this little girl," Moreen spoke, looking across the table at little Katelynne. The little girl was so caught up in eating her lunch that she didn't talk much until she was completely finished.

Seeing her daughter yawn, Hanna looked over at Moreen. "I think it's nap time," she stated.

"Alright, let's head back then," the older woman said. "I have a few things to do around the house today."

After paying the bill, Hanna, Moreen, and Katelynne all got back into Hanna's car. It wasn't long before they were back at Hanna's house and Moreen was saying her goodbyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another day, another chapter. I'll hopefully have another one up later on tonight. Any more guesses for now? I love reading how you guys are trying to put the pieces of the baby daddy puzzle together.

xoxo,
Codie