Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

fourteen.

Pulling into the driveway of her house, Hanna and Moreen said their goodbyes, Katelynne sound asleep in her car seat.

Opening the back door to her car, Hanna managed to unbuckle Katelynne and get her out of the car without waking her up

Entering the house, Hanna already knew that she would be able to find Rian in the living room, since she had seen his car parked by the curb. Hanna smiled at the male when she walked down the hallway to Katelynne's room, the tiny girl asleep in her arms still.

After putting Katelynne in her princess bed, Hanna left the bedroom quickly, shutting the door behind her. She soon made her way to the living room to find Rian.

Flopping down on the couch right beside Rian, Hanna sighed audibly. "They're really plotting?" Hanna questioned, hoping that Rian was wrong, but knowing that he wasn't.

"Yeah, they really are," Rian replied.

"I just don't understand why they can't wait. I mean, I kept her hidden for this long, what's a little longer?" she questioned rhetorically.

"They know now, so they don't want to wait any longer," Rian spoke.

"I understand that, but they all know that I don't like being pushed to do anything."

"I know, Hanna. I know," Rian said before getting off of the couch to look at Hanna's movie collection. "Harry Potter?" he suggested.

Nodding her head, Hanna was thankful that Rian knew her so well. "Want me to make the popcorn?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah, because I can't make it like you do. I only know how to put the bag in the microwave and press the popcorn button. I can't use that machine," he admitted.

"Then, why don't I teach you?" Hana questioned.

"Because maybe I don't want to learn," Rian retorted.

"Well, then I'm not sharing my popcorn," Hanna laughed.

"You wouldn't do that to me. You love me," he spoke.

"I make you think that I love you," Hanna said, trying to keep a straight face.

"You know, that really hurts," Rian laughed.

"Love hurts," Hanna said, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Speaking of love, has Alex texted you yet today?" he questioned.

"Nope, not yet. I don't know if it's because he's not used to having a girlfriend to text or because we haven't talked in such a long time that he's not texting me or if it's because he's so worried about plotting behind my back to find out about my daughter," Hanna spoke, clearly getting frustrated.

Grabbing the first Harry Potter movie off of the shelf and taking it out of the plastic case ti was in, Rian slipped the disc into the DVD player and went back over to the couch.

"Hanna, calm down. He's just being an idiot," Rian muttered. "You've been friends with Alex for how long? You should know that he's an idiot and unreliable."

"Trust me, Ri. I know this very well, but I figured that I'd at least get a hey message today at some point. I guess he's so worried about either being or not being a dad than saying hello to his girlfriend,"

Looking at the woman sitting before him, Rian felt for her. He felt bad that Alex was being stupid, but he didn't want to butt in on their relationship. So instead of getting his phone out of his pocket to text his Alex like he wanted to, Rian left it alone and left his phone in it's spot in his pocket.

"So, do you think he'll step up when he finds out?" Rian questioned.

"I don't know, Rian. I've known him for a really long time, so based on that alone, I think that he will. But, at the same time, would you want a three year old handed over to you and the responsibility of being daddy?" Hanna questioned.

"You have a point, but I think he'll step up. You know how he is," Rian responded. "He'll welcome her with open arms and try and be there for every step of the way forward now."

"I hope that you're right, Rian."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just another little filler kind of chapter. Another one to come shortly, I promise. (: We're getting closer and closer to Katelynne's father's identity. Any guesses from my silent readers? And a big shout out to all of my non-silent readers! You guys are truly wonderful and all of your comments mean the world to me!<33

xoxo,
Codie