Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

sixteen.

Entering the pizza parlor, Hanna walked up to the counter and waited her turn in the short line.

Pulling the credit card out from her back pocket, Hanna handed it over to the cashier, who had taken note of the name on it.

When the male had taken the name in, he looked up, expecting to see the matching face. Because it hadn't, the teenager asked to see her ID.

"My ID isn't going to match the card, because it's my best friend's," she stated.

"I can't take a card that isn't yours," the young male explained, handing the card back.

"Who is the manager on tonight?" Hanna questioned.

"Joe is here tonight," the male answered.

"Can you get him for me, please?"

"Sure," the male spoke, walking into the kitchen.

A minute or so later, the teen came out from the kitchen, followed by an older dark-haired male.

"Hanna!" the older male exclaimed.

"Hey, Joe!" Hanna spoke with a smile.

"How are you? How is the baby?" Joe asked.

"She's not a baby anymore. She'll be four soon. And, I've been good. Busy with work, though," Hanna answered.

"How are the boys?" Joe questioned.

"They're good, always up to something, but they're good. Actually, that's why I asked for you. I have Rian's card, but he does know me," Hanna spoke, motioning towards the teen.

Looking towards his employee, Joe smiled. "Sam, you like All Time Low, right?"

"Yes," the teen spoke.

"Well, this is Hanna. She's like an honorary fifth member. She went to high school with them and she's been best friends with Alex since before he ever picked up music. Anytime that she comes in here, she could use any of their cards. I know that goes against anything I've already told you, but Hanna is the only exception," Joe informed him.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Sam spoke, turning towards Hanna.

"You don't have to apologize," Hanna assured. "You're just doing your job like Joe taught you. Don't ever apologize for that."

Turning to Joe, Hanna smiled. "It was great seeing you again. We'll have to grab lunch sometime. I'll bring Katelynne with me. She's asleep in the car with Rian right now, otherwise I would have brought her in with me."

"It's okay, Hanna. Do you still have the same number from when you worked here?" Joe asked.

"Yes, I do actually."

"I'll call you soon then and we can figure something out."

"Awesome," Hanna smiled. "It was nice meeting you, Sam."

"You too," the teen spoke.

--

Getting into the car, Rian glanced over. "What took you so long?"

"The new kid didn't know who I was, so he wouldn't run the card until I asked for Joe, who said it was okay to. Then, I got to talking to Joe and now, here I am," Hanna spoke, laughing slightly.

"Oh, okay. Ready to go?" he questioned.

"I'm ready for food," Hanna laughed.

"I'll take that as a yes then," Rian chuckled, putting the vehicle in reverse and backing out of the spot.

Rian drove the group of three back to Hanna's house, only to find Alex, Jack, and Zack sitting on the front porch.

"This isn't going to end well," Rian spoke up.

Turning her head to look into the back seat, Hanna noticed that Katelynne was still fast asleep, something that she was thankful for.

"Rian, can you just drive around the neighborhood a bit? I'll call you when they've left," Hanna asked of him.

"Sure," he spoke. "Go get 'em."

Getting out of the car, Hanna closed the door quietly enough to not wake her sleeping daughter, then watched Rian back out of the driveway.

Sighing heavily, Hanna knew her temper was going to get the best of her this evening if the guys didn't listen to her.

"All of you need to go home," Hanna spoke calmly.

"We're not leaving until you tell us who is the father of your child," Alex said.

"Actually, Alex," Hanna began. "You will. This is my house, Katelynne is my daughter, and I'm calling the shots on this."

Opening his mouth to speak, Jack was quickly quieted.

"Shut up, Jack. I wasn't finished speaking yet," Hanna growled.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"As I was saying," Hanna began again. "It's also not fair to Katelynne if all of you just barge in on her life so abruptly. She doesn't deserve that. Katelynne is only three years old, she doesn't need to be traumatized by you lot. Besides, I haven't spoken to her about it yet. Before any of you get to meet her, Katelynne is going to be told. She knows that her daddy is away because of work, so she knows of him. She had also seen tons of pictures of him, so she'll know him when she sees him. So, when I feel that the time is right, you each will meet her. And, if you can't respect that, then you all aren't the friends that I thought you were."

"Sorry, Hanna," Zack spoke up first, after the moment of silence between them.

Stepping forward, Zack pulled the female close to him for a hug.

Wrapping her arms around him tightly, Hanna felt tears forming in her eyes. "It's okay, Zack. Just don't continue on this manhunt mission you all are on."

"I won't," he assured her, kissing the top of her head gently.

"See you soon?" Zack questioned.

"Of course," Hanna replied.

"Cool," he said. "Call me when you have time to hangout. I'm going to head home."

"Love you, Z," Hanna said.

"Love you too, Hanna," he spoke, before heading towards his car.

Jack stepped forward next.

"Please don't hate me," Jack said, pulling the female close.

Hugging him, Hanna smiled into his chest. "I couldn't ever hate you, Jack Jack."

"I'm sorry," he whispered to her.

"I know you are," Hanna replied. "Now, go home and get some sleep."

"Yes, ma'am," he said. "Love you Hanna."

"Love you too, Jack Jack," Hanna replied, using his pet name so that he knew that she wasn't going to stay mad at him.

Looking towards her boyfriend, Hanna realized quickly that she was disappointed in him the most.

"Alex, I honestly don't know where to begin with you," Hanna spoke. "You and I are together now, so things are going to be different. I have a daughter that I have to protect and I never ever thought that I would have to protect her from you three. Katelynne doesn't deserve that. I want you all to meet her, I promise that I do, but you can't be selfish like you have been today. You're so worried about whether or not she shares your DNA, when you should be worried about how scared she might be about meeting her father for the first time," Hanna spoke. "I have to put Katelynne first, Lex. And, so far, you're showing me that you are unable to do that. I know that you're not used to having to do this, but I just don't think that right now is the best time for us to be together. Maybe when this all settles, we can try again."

"Are you breaking up with me, Hanna?" Alex questioned.

"Temporarily, yes," Hanna replied. "It's what's best for everyone currently. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Hanna," Alex said, stepping forward and pulling the female in for a hug.

"I'm being an asshole," he said when they pulled apart.

"I'm used to it," Hanna teased.

"You're still my girl," Alex said.

"Always," Hanna replied.

Watching Alex's headlights get smaller as he reversed out of the driveway, Hanna sent a text to Rian to let him know that he could come back to the house.