Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

eighteen.

It had been four days since Hanna had broken up with Alex, but that hadn't stopped them from texting back and forth every day since then.

While Hanna was sad that she and Alex weren't together still, realistically she knew it was for the best currently.

Laying in bed, Hanna valued the time she had to herself before her alarm clock off. Although, she knew that her quiet time was going to be cut short when she heard little feet headed down the hallway.

"Momma?" Katelynne spoke softly when she entered the room.

"Come here, baby girl," Hanna spoke, making a space for her child to lay next to her.

The bond between the mother and daughter pair was one that would never be broken.

The two laid in bed for nearly an hour, because Katelynne took the remote and put her favorite cartoons on.

It wasn't until Hanna's phone started ringing that she moved from her spot in bed.

"Hey, Rian," Hanna spoke.

"Would you be able to do me a large favor?" Rian questioned. "Also, hello," he added, laughing.

"Before I say yes, I need details. What kind of favor are we talking about?" she questioned.

"It's nothing bad. I just can't leave right now and my landlord in LA just called. There apparently was a leaky pipe in the apartment above mine and I want someone I trust there while the plumber fixes it," he explained.

"Yeah, I guess that I can. How long do I need to be there for? And is it alright if Katelynne goes with me? I don't want to leave her behind and try to find someone to watch her."

"Your flight leaves in four hours and it should only take a few days, but you can stay as long as you want to. Also, Katelynne gets the window seat," Rian chuckled.

"Email me the flight info and I'll get ready now," Hanna spoke.

"Thank you so much, Hanna. You're a lifesaver."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just excited about the beach," Hanna laughed.

After she hung up, Hanna looked at Katelynne, who was still laying in bed watching cartoons.

"Come on, princess," Hanna began. "We have to get ready really fast. We have to go."

"Where are we going?" Katelynne questioned.

"Disneyland! We're going to go see Minnie and Mickey," Hanna spoke excitedly.

Screeching loudly, Katelynne jumped up from her spot on the bed and stood on the edge, looking at her mother.

"I want to meet Cinderella," Katelynne told her mother.

"How about we meet everyone?" Hanna suggested.

"Let's meet everyone!" Katelynne exclaimed, jumping from her spot on the bed and into her mother's arms.

"We have to get ready really fast, though. Uncle Rian said we have to leave soon," Hanna told her daughter. "Can you brush your teeth while I jump into the shower?"

"Can you put the toothpaste on?" Katelynne asked.

"Of course," Hanna said as she walked them towards the bathroom.

An hour and a half later, Hanna and Katelynne had bother showered, brushed their hair and teeth, and had a suitcase packed.

"Grab your favorite stuffy, Katelynne," Hanna called out from the living room. "We have to leave now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so there's only two chapters left and then the epilogue. I hope that you guys and dolls are enjoying the story so far.

xoxo,
Codie