Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

one.

"Katelynne, get your cute little butt off of the couch and go brush your teeth before they fall out," the twenty-five year old mother of one spoke.

Defiance in the form of her three year old daughter was something that Hanna had grown accustomed to. It wasn't that Katelynne got away with everything, because Hanna didn't allow her misbehaving, it was simply that she had felt the need to fight her mother on everything.

"Katelynne, I don't hear the sound of your feet headed to the bathroom," Hanna spoke.

"My feet are on the couch with me, Mommy. We're watching Sesame Street," the little girl replied.

Just as Hanna was about to leave the kitchen and drag her daughter to the bathroom, she that her phone had begun to ring. "Saved by the phone," Hanna mumbled to herself as she went to go retrieve the ringing device from the depths of her purse.

Not recognizing the number, Hanna almost rejected the call, but decided that it could have been one of her boys, so she picked it up anyway.

"Hello?" she questioned after accepting the call.

"I was calling for a Hanna Andrews," the woman on the other side of the call spoke.

"This is she. What is this in regards to?" the girl questioned.

"We have you listed as an emergency contact for a Mr. Rian Dawson," the unknown caller voiced into the phone.

"Oh my gosh! What happened to Rian? Is he alright? Why is he in the hospital?" Hanna asked rapidly.

Finally being able to get a word in, the woman on the phone began to explain. Apparently, Rian was in town and visiting family for some sort of surprise visit for his mother's birthday, but before he had had the chance to go see her, his appendix had burst and he had driven himself to the hospital. Rian didn't want his mother to worry, so he had the hospital phone Hanna instead.

Sighing in relief that Rian wasn't dying, Hanna still began moving as quickly as she could so that she would be able to head to the hospital to check on him.

"Katelynne, come on! You need to brush those dirty teeth, because we need to go check on one of my friends. He's at the doctors and needs someone to hold his hand because he's scared," Hanna said.

"But Mommy, Melmo and Zoe are on," the young girl spoke.

"Katelynne, if I have to tell you one more time, I'm going to go into your room and throw out all of your Elmo and Zoe stuffies!"

"No!" Hannah heard her daughter yell out, followed by the sound of little feet running towards the bathroom.

"That's what I thought," Hanna mumbled to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo,
Codie