Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

nineteen.

Touching down in Los Angeles, Hanna and Katelynne were both excited about their mini vacation. Hanna was more excited about spending time at the beach, while Katelynne couldn't stop talking about going to Disney.

After collecting their baggage, Hanna searched for the driver that Rian had arranged to pick the mother and daughter pair up and bring them to his apartment building.

The ride lasted almost a half hour, strictly due to traffic, so Hanna was more than thankful to finally arrive at their destination.

The driver helped Hanna and Katelynne out of the SUV and then collected their bags from the back and helped them to the door.

"Thank you for everything," Hanna spoke to the man. "You've gone above and beyond for us."

After the driver had left, Hanna and Katelynne made their way up to the floor where Rian's apartment was located.

Pulling her keys out of her purse, Hanna searched for the spare key that Rian had given to her when he had first started leasing the apartment years ago.

Not knowing what kind of mess she was about to walk into, Hanna took a deep breath and opened the door slowly. She figured that part of the reason that Rian had asked her to help out was because he knew that she wouldn't leave the apartment a mess.

When the door was fully opened, Hanna heard noises coming from the living room, so she entered cautiously.

"Hello?" she called out to whomever was there already.

Closing the door, Hanna turned to her daughter. "Stay right here. Don't move unless I tell you or else we're not going to Disney."

"Yes, Momma," the little girl spoke.

Stepping forward, Hanna heard someone walking towards her.

"Hello?" she called out again.

"Hanna?" the male spoke, coming into view.

Before Hanna was able to speak, Katelynne took off running towards the male.

"Daddy!" she shoouted.