Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

five.

Pulling into the driveway of Alex's parents' house, Hanna parked her car in her designated spot that the Gaskarth's had made for her when she turned sixteen and had gotten her license.

Getting out of her car, Hanna grabbed her overnight bag, purse, and cellphone off of the passenger seat and walked up to the front door.

Opening the heavy oak wood door of the house, Hanna knew that this house was just as much her home as it was Alex's, maybe even more so nowadays.

"Hanna, love. Is that you?"

The voice of Mrs. Gaskarth rang through the house, putting a smile on Hanna's face.

"Yes, it's me," she replied, walking towards the source of the voice.

Finding Mrs. Gaskarth in the kitchen put a smile on her face. It was in this exact kitchen that Mrs. Gaskarth had taught Hanna everything that she needed to know about cooking, food, and how to feed Alex's bottomless appetite.

"How are you, baby girl?" the older woman asked.

"About as good as I'll ever be with this secret," Hanna replied.

"Have you told him yet?"

"No, I haven't had the courage to tell him yet," Hanna said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Hanna, no matter how he reacts, you know that you'll always be welcome in this home. You're family. You and that precious little girl," Mrs. Gaskarth reassured her.

"Thank you, Momma," Hanna said.

"You're welcome, love," the older woman spoke, handing Hanna a plate of various cookies. "Now, you go upstairs and get that boy of mine under control and into his own place."

"Yes, ma'am," Hanna said, walking over to the staircase in the kitchen that led to the second floor of the house.

"Oh, Hanna?" Mrs. Gaskarth called after her.

"Yes?" Hanna answered, turning around.

"I know about the pact that you made with my son when you were sixteen. Maybe now it's time to put that pact into motion. You'd look beautiful in white and Hanna Elizabeth Gaskarth has a nice ring to it. So, does Katelynne Alexandria Gaskarth. I already know that Alex would be the perfect father to that little girl if you gave him the chance."

SMiling, Hanna looked to the older woman. "Maybe, I'll have to see how tonight goes," Hanna spoke, heading upstairs to Alex's room.