Status: Active

A Little Piece of Happiness

eight.

"Alex, how come we never dated in high school?" Hanna asked as she brought a fork full of food to her mouth.

The pair had finished their sexual activities, showered to rinse off their sweat-covered bodies, then went into the hallway to find two promised plates of food.

"I don't know," Alex replied. "I guess I knew that I wasn't good enough as a boyfriend to be with you in high school. And, every time I had the courage to tell you I liked you, it was either bad timing or you were going out with someone already."

"Really?" Hanna asked, completely unaware of her best friend's long-lasting feelings towards her.

"Really, really."

"I only dated those guys because I thought that you didn't like me as anything more than a friend," Hanna admitted. "I was always waiting for you to ask me out on a date."

"Maybe it never happened, because it wasn't the right time," Alex began. "It could be the right time now," Alex spoke, looking at Hanna out of the corners of his eyes.

"Maybe it is. We'll never know if you don't take me out," Hanna spoke bluntly.

"Then, Hanna, will you go out to a movie with me tonight? Maybe get some ice cream after, since we're eating dinner now?" Alex asked.

"How about I pick a movie to watch and I send you downstairs for ice cream instead?" Hanna asked. "I kind of like being half-naked in your bed."

"Deal," Alex said, leaning over and kissing Hannah's lips softly.

A moment later, Alex looked Hanna in the eyes and asked, "So, what do I tell my mom if she asked if we're together?"

Thinking for a minute, Hanna answered honestly. "You can tell her that we're dating. This is technically a date now, right?"

"You know what I mean. She's going to ask me if you're my girl now. I don't know what to say to her."

"Well, do you want me to be your girl?"

"I know that I don't want to share you with any other guy. So, yeah, I do want you to be my girl," Alex answered.

"Then, all you have to do is ask," Hanna told him.

"Fine. Hanna Andrews, will you be my girl?" Alex asked.

"Only if you tell your mom. I don't want to be smushed in that hug," she replied.

"I think that I can do that."

"Then, yes, Alexander Gaskarth, I will be your girl," Hanna said with a bright smile.

"Good, now I just need to find my own place so I can ravish you anytime I want to. I'll miss the free food, though," Alex laughed.

"But, that means that I can walk around your place naked if you let me," Hanna giggled.

"I'm moving out tomorrow," Alex replied instantly.

"You're such a typical boy," Hanna said with a laugh.

"But, I'm okay with that," he answered.

"So, I'm thinking we start the night with a Jurassic Park marathon and end with Toy Story so I won't have bad dreams," Hanna suggested.

"Still afraid of dinosaurs?" Alex questioned.

"Indeed, I am," Hanna replied. "It's a shame too, since the movies are fantastic."

"You are the strangest girl that I know," Alex spoke.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't change that for anything," Hanna replied.

"You're right. I wouldn't," Alex said, leaning over and kissing Hannah's cheek softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one posted! How many of you saw the relationship between Alex and Hanna progressing from best friends to boyfriend and girlfriend? Typical love story, right? I may or may not have a few tricks up my sleeve for this pair, so stay tuned. Instead of my typical, who's the baby daddy question, this chapter I want to know what you think about Alex and Hanna getting together. Do you think that they'll last or that they're just too good of friends to move past that and into a romantic relationship? I love the feedback and your thoughts!

xoxo,
Codie