Status: *discontinued*

Favorite Fictional Characters Chat

Chapter Twenty-Two

Lightning flashed across the sky as a cloaked figure pulled up into the driveway on an orange moped. He walked up the wet pavement. The long cloak went down to his boot clad feet, and the hood was long and concealed most of his face. The dark figure moved across the front yard pathway, and up the stone steps. He knocked loudly on the big blue door as thunder rumbled through the air. Rain was pattering down faster now, soaking everything in site. A man answered the door. He had bright blue eyes, and messy blonde hair.
“Good evening CC...” the man in the cloak said, stepping inside.
“Ah, Daren. I’ve been expecting you.” He stepped aside, and offered to take the man’s cloak. Daren pulled off the cloak and the man hung it in a closet, then led Daren into the living room. “What business brings you to my humble abode?” CC asked, sipping at a cup of coffee.
“Well, as you know, my wife has been missing for two hours. No one knows where she is. I’ve texted her and got no reply, and I’m worried sick. Is she here?”
“Not that I know of. Follow me, we will ask my daughter if she has seen her.” CC replied, standing up. Daren followed suit, and CC walked upstairs with Daren behind him. They made their way to the fourth floor and CC knocked on Shelby’s door. “Honey darling? Daren is here to see you.” The door opened slowly, and Daren stepped into the dark room. The only light that was on was coming from the TV screen, which showed The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess. Shelby was sitting in a bean bag chair, her eyes glued to the screen. Daren sat down next to her and she paused the game.
“What do you want Dj?” another clap of thunder made her jump. “when the hell did this storm start?”
“It started an hour ago... and I wanted to know if you have seen my wife. She’s been missing for two hours, and I’m getting worried. She didn’t leave me a note, or respond to my texts. Do you know where she is?”
“Um, no. Have you tried her dad’s house?”
“Yes, I have. She isn’t there either. Nobody knows what happened to her!”
“My best friend is MISSING?!” Shelby pulled out her cell phone and sent a few texts. They waited fifteen minutes for a reply, but none came. Dj’s face was pale, and he ran down the stairs into the kitchen, where he found his good friend, Nikki Sixx.
“Nikki! Have you seen my wife?! She’s been missing for two hours!” Dj asked, panicked.
“No, I haven’t... you’re not going to ask me to help look for her, are you?” he asked. Dj fell to his knees and cried.
“My wife! She’s gone Nikki! Please help me! You’re one of my best friends!”
“Okay, okay, calm down man. Where were you two hours ago?’
“I was at the recording studio with you and James, in a chatroom with my wife and a few other people. You remember that.”
“Oh yeah. And then you ran out all freaked about something...”
“Someone was IN MY HOUSE! WITH MY WIFE!” he screamed, clutching onto Nikki’s shirt. Nikki pulled Dj to his feet and gave him a hug, then told him to sit down, and he would call around first.
“If I don’t hear anything, I’ll hire the best people I can to find your wife. Don’t worry Dj.”
“Thanks man...” Dj took a tissue and blew his nose. There was a clap of thunder and a flash of lightning outside again. There was another knock at the door, and Shelby ran down four flights of stairs to answer it. Harry Potter was standing on her doorstep, looking stressed.
“Come in Harry! What’s wrong.”
“It’s about your friend, Rehtaeh.” He said, clutching a cramp in his side. Dj looked up hopefully. “I learned something. When... my scar hurt.... I... got a horrible vision! Blood! lots of blood... screaming.... it was VOLDEMORT... I KNOW. IT... WAS HIM!” Harry collapsed on the floor, his soaked body dripping water all over the carpet. Shelby removed Harry’s glasses and tried to drag him over to the couch. Somehow she managed to get him onto the couch and left him to dry off next to the fireplace. Dj had started crying again, and Shelby shook her head and handed him more tissues.
“Harry and I will save her Dj! Don’t worry! I won’t let my best friend die!” she yelled. With that said, Dj curled up in the fetal position and sobbed.
“I don’t want my wife to diiiiiie!!”
“She won’t. Don’t worry.” Shelby said. The rain was pattering down heavily as they all fell asleep in front of the fire, with CC watching over them carefully.

********************************************************************************************************
~ 2 Hours Prior ~
********************************************************************************************************

There was a knock on the door of Ashba Mansion, and Rehtaeh happily changed her status to away, then walked up the stairs into the upper library. She walked to the front door and opened the door, only to find that there was no one there. She shrugged and closed the door, and locked the four locks on the front door. Dj had put all the extra locks there when Rehtaeh had moved in, because he had wanted her to be safe when “he wasn’t there to protect her.” She thought it was a little extreme, but didn’t bother to say so, because it made him happy. She walked back to the library. Something didn’t feel right when she closed the big french doors behind her. The fire was lit in the fireplace, and she knew she hadn’t started it herself. She shivered, and looked to the door in the corner, which opened up to the covered loggia. It had started raining outside. It seemed to get increasingly darker in the room, and a voice spoke from a chair in front of the fire.
“Hello...... darling.....” the chair spun around and Voldemort grinned at her. She screamed and ran out the door, with Voldemort right behind her. She ran upstairs into one of the spare bedrooms upstairs. She hid herself in one of the closets behind the clothes, and pulled her feet up. She could hear him wandering around the upstairs floor, calling to her softly.
“Reeehhhtaaaaeh... I know you’re up here. You can’t hide from me...” he said. She heard the door to the bedroom open up slowly, and she nearly stopped breathing. When the closet door slowly opened, she could hear her heart beating wildly. He slowly pulled apart the clothes, and smiled down at her evilly. “I knew you were in here, you silly girl. Did you REALLY think you could hide from ME?” He asked. He grabbed her arm and disapparated.
They appeared in the living room of Malfoy Manor, where the Death Eaters were waiting. Voldemort shook his head and had one of the Death Eaters tend to her splinched leg while he stood up and dusted himself off.
“Well, that went... well.” he muttered angrily, trying to wipe the blood off his robes.
“How did you splinch her, my lord?” Bellatrix asked in wonder.
“The stupid girl kept trying to get away from me while we were apparating!” He snapped. One of the death eaters pulled out a tube of clear liquid and dripped it onto the wound, which healed it up quickly. Rehtaeh was then picked up and carried into the basement.
“So! Phase one of our plan is complete!” Voldmort said happily. The death eaters cheered. “As you saw, there were some... minor complications, but that was easily fixed, and now phase two is about to begin.” the death eaters cheered again, and Voldemort walked out of the room, grinning to himself.
~~
Rehtaeh woke up an hour later in a cell in the basement of Malfoy Manor. She was confused to where she was, and why she was there. Little did she know, that in another continent her husband had just arrived at Deville Manor, asking about her whereabouts.