Relax, Baby, That's a Good Girl

My Love's Like An Armchair.

I saw him open the door of his car, so I quickened my pace so that I could catch up with him.
I reached him just as he was about to get into his car. I placed my hand on his shoulder causing him to flinch and turn around quickly, an annoyed expression on his faced.

When he saw me his expression softened before turning hard again.

He looked at me questioningly.

I bit on my lip. I'd planned on coming up here to talk to him, but I hadn't planned on what I would say once I did stop him.

"Um I, -- where are you going?" I finally asked.

He shrugged, "I don't know."

I pressed my lips together looking at his car and then back at him, "Can I go with you?"

He looked at me a little surprised for a while and then finally nodded. "Sure, I guess."

I smiled slightly and got into the car without another word.
He got in, too, glanced over at me, and then started driving.

After a couple of minutes, he ended up parking infront of his house. I turned to him, about to ask him what we were going to do, when I saw him reach to the back of the car. I watched him as he grabbed a half-empty bottle of vodka and opened it.

I frowned and tried to take the bottle from him, "Matt?"

He held onto the bottle more tightly and didn't reply.

"Matt!" I said again, louder this time.
He just looked over at me.

"What the hell are you doing drinking all the time lately?"
He just shrugged and tried to drink again.

This time I was quicker though and I grabbed the bottle out of his hands and looked at him expectantly, "Matt?"

He sighed, "Why the fuck do you care?"

"Because I care about you"

"Yeah, ok," he said sarcastically.

"What? I do," I said.

"If you cared about me you wouldn't be with Frank," he said, disgust filling his voice when he said Frankie's name.

"Just because I'm going out with him doesn't mean I don't care about you!"

He rolled his eyes.
"So answer the question."
"What question?"
"Why are you drinking so much?"

"Because there's no reason not to. There's no reason for me to live. Nobody loves me."
I sighed, "Matt, c'mon you know that's not true. A lot of people love you. Everybody likes you."

He shook his head, "I don't care about any of them."

"Well then why are you doing this because "nobody loves you"?" I asked.

"Because the one person that I want to love me, is taken and in love with some other guy, and doesn't want me," he said as he got out of the car, slammed the door shut, and walked into his house leaving me outside in his car.