Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Twelve

-Kerries POV-

“Ah... are you sure me coming with you is going to be a good idea?” I ask Phil anxiously.

“Sure! It'll be fine, there is nothing to worry about. So we'll come get you tomorrow morning?” I could almost feel Phil's smile down the phone.

“Yes, that'd be great.” I say giggling “See you tomorrow”.

I hang up the phone and walk back out into the lounge room where Ria was lounging on the couch with her cuppa.

“So you told him you were going?” Ria asked in between sips. I nod excitedly.

“Good! It'll be so good for you, it's been ages since you've been away. This is what your second holiday with Phil?”

“Third actually, last time we went up North for a while. Did the whole family thing.” I say falling into the armchair.

“Pftt” Ria scoffs “That's not a holiday”.

“Ria, listen to me. I am worried about leaving you alone. I just don't want Jay to turn up out of the blue and..” Ria held her hand up to me.

“No. I'll be fine. Believe me. Please don't stress about it.” Ria assured me. I could only sigh in agreement.

“Shit it's 11am already! Better get the last of this work done before I leave tomorrow” I say looking at the clock that sits above the dining table. Ria waves from the couch as I close the door behind me.

-Ria's POV-

I pick up the letter I received from Jay and read it over and over again. It's been months. Why?Why now?I can't help but be curious. Letting out an annoyed sigh I go and start cleaning the apartment.

-
It's 6pm now and I hear the front door open and close.

“Ria, it's me! Sorry I'm so late, I got slammed with last minute paperwork.” Kerrie calls out while walking down the hall.

“That's fine, what about packing all your stuff?” I ask. I can hear her swear from the bedroom.

“There's not enough time!” Kerrie calls out in despair. I laugh and go down to see her throwing her suitcase on the bed.

“Here I'll help you” I giggle.