Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Three

-Ria’s POV-

I start to open my eyes, my vision is fuzzy but I begin to make out a person’s silhouette. Suddenly I realise who is standing above me and my body freezes.

“Hello Ria.” Jay’s voice was soft but dark. I tried to sit up but my whole body ached.
“Jay... is anyone else here?” my voice cracked as I spoke. His eyes rolled and he grinned.
“Your friends gave us some time to be together. They won’t be bothering us any time soon.” He grabbed a chair and sat as close as he could to me. I could feel my body flinch as he got closer. Then the doctor came into the room with a light smile.

“Ria, good to see that you have finally awoken, how do you feel?” the doctor spoke as he shone his small light into my eyes. All I could do was squint, I could feel Jay’s on me.

“I... I’m fine. I just feel a little bruised that’s all.” I could see that the doctor was scanning my face.

Truth was I felt like I was going to die, I was in so much pain. The doctor walked over to Jay.

“Could you please leave the room for a moment, I need to speak to my patient alone.” Jay looked angry, as if he was terribly insulted. He glared at me as he left. It sent shivers down my spine. Once Jay had left the doctor pulled up a chair.

“You are not fine.” The doctor was so blunt it shocked me. “You have severe bruising in numerous places over your body and you also had internal bleeding, but we managed to stop it. Ria, your friends say that you were mugged the night before they brought you here, now don’t take this the wrong way but most muggings aren’t this violent and by your injuries it looks like this violence was personal.” The doctor was reading my mind; he knew it was all a lie. I couldn’t keep the pain in any longer. I feel my hot tears run down my cheeks. Even crying hurt, I couldn’t breathe. The doctor looked at me sympathetically. “How long? How long has he been abusing you?”

“About two years...” I couldn’t stop sobbing. I wanted my friends here... I wanted Dan. He could always make me smile. I’m not even sure how me manages too, but he does. I was always glad when Kerrie would come home with Phil and Dan, because even if it was for little while, he helped to forget. All the bruises, they didn’t matter when he was around.

“Ria, I must warn you if something like this happens again before your body can heal itself properly, there is a chance that you could die. Rupturing any of the internal bleeding that we stopped could make it ten times worse. Can I suggest that you take this to the police? You haven’t deserved any of this.” The doctor’s words... muddled up in my head. “Would you like me to escort this young man out... say that you need rest. I could call your friends? Your parents even?”

“My parents are out of the country, please escort him out... he can’t know. I would please like my friends here. Please explain everything to them. Please I can’t take this right now.” I begged the doctor. My head pounded in unison with every muscle in my body.

“Of course.” The doctor said as he pulled the blinds down and exited the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Enjoy my lovely readers. Feedback would be great.