Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Five

-Dan’s POV-

“You like her.” I spin around to see Phil stupidly grinning at me, he hands me his mug and I put it in the sink.
“Oh shut up Phil. We’re just good friends.” I said quietly to be sure I didn’t wake up Ria who was fast asleep on the couch in the next room.
“Seriously Dan, a blind man could even see how much you’re bullshitting yourself.”

I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. I like her, no wait I think I love her. Snapping out of my thoughtful trance I see Phil staring at me. Just as I was about to say something I hear the door open. A yawning and limping Ria entered the kitchen.

“I must have dozed off, anyone want to play Mario Kart with me?” Ria gave a soft laugh.
“Yeah sure, come on Dan.” Phil said walking into the lounge room.

We sat down on the couch together and began our races. It wasn't long until Ria's phone was buzzing. She answered it, almost cautiously. Phil paused the game when we both noticed her stumbling over words. She hung up the phone and looked at us, she was pale again.

“Thanks guys but I'm going to take a nap now.” Ria said abruptly, and she hastily tried to leave the room but she fell against the door frame.
“God, are you okay?!” I asked, getting up to help her. With her head hung low I noticed tears streaming down her cheeks. I supported her with my body and walked her to her bedroom and sat her down gently on her bed. It was silent. Wiping her eyes she finally looked at me.

“Thanks, I'm just in pain that's all.” she said opening her bedside drawer and grabbing out some aspirin.
“Are you sure?” I whisper. She nodded silently and slowly covered herself with the duvet. As I leave I gently close her bedroom door behind me. Phil was still sitting on the couch when I re-entered the room.

“Something is wrong, I mean really wrong here” I say to Phil sitting next to him. He nodded.
“I just called Kerrie. She's on her way home now.” Phil said rubbing his forehead.