Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Six

-Kerrie's POV-

My hands shaking to get my keys into the apartment door, Phil opens it as I'm useless. I get a hug from Phil and that's what I needed. Together we walked into the kitchen where Dan is leaning against the bench.

“Where's Ria?” I ask quietly.

“She's still asleep.” Dan replies. I put my bag on the bench and walk down the hallway, I quietly open her bedroom door, she was still asleep. I tiptoe to her bedside table and take her phone. Closing her bedroom door behind me I take the phone back to the kitchen.

“She was freaked by whoever called her.” Phil said concerned. I look through her recently answered and her text messages. I can't believe my eyes, the last message here was from her boyfriend Jay and it said: Next time you won't be so lucky. My eyes started to water. Phil took the phone off me.

“Are you fucking kidding me...” he said passing the phone to Dan.

“How long? How long has this been going on?” Dan said holding back his anger and tears. I could only shake my head, I had no idea.

“Oh God Ria, I'm so sorry.” I said under my breath as Phil folded me into a bear hug.

“It's not your fault sweet” Phil said trying to calm me down.

Dan walked into the lounge room, and Phil followed him. I'm still so beside myself, I'm even shaking. Ria, why didn't you tell me? All those times you didn't come home until the morning... was he beating you? I'm sobbing uncontrollably now.