Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Eight

-Ria's POV-

Resting my head on Dan's chest as he hugged me, I've never felt so safe. I can hear his heart beating against his chest, it's soothing. I look up at him, his brown eyes are so beautiful I get lost in them. Before I notice what's happening he's gently pressing his soft lips up against mine. I slid my arms around him and kissed him back, it was like I could love him like I had never been hurt or betrayed.

“I love you Ria.” Dan says holding me close. I tighten my grip around him.

“I love you too.” I whisper back staring into his eyes. “What am I going to do about Jay?” I ask him softly.

“We'll come up with a plan with everybody else okay?” His voice was smooth – trusting. I nod my head in agreement and he head out back to the lounge room together.

Kerrie came up to me and took me into the kitchen and flicked the kettle on.

“Are you okay?” she asked grabbing two mugs out of the cupboard.

“Yes, what do you think I should do about Jay?” I say leaning over the bench for the sugar.

“He's a dangerous person, we need to contact the police put in a full report and get him charged so he can't do this to you again.” she said matter-of-factly pouring the hot water into the mugs.

“I don't think I can, I'm terrified. What if you called him and broke it off for me?” I plead to her. Her eyes widened and she sighed, she pulled my phone out of her pocket and dialled the number.

“Jay? This is Kerrie, I'm just informing you that you and Ria are no longer in a relationship. You come near her again and I'll end you.” She hung up and dialled another number.

“Yes, I'd like to report a domestic abuse event...” Kerrie walked back into the lounge and sat with Phil. I sit here in the kitchen, terrified. Stirring my tea with the small silver spoon I try not to burst into tears again. He's going to come after me. I know it. I know it's the right thing to do, but I know I'm trapped.