Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Emptiness

Harry's P.O.V
There's nothing quite like the feeling of your heart shattering into millions of pieces. Especially when there's nothing you can do about it.

I stood frozen looking down at the ground because I knew there was nothing I could do or say in that moment to fix the pain that I knew Briar was feeling in that moment. I let her down, I let myself down. I hadn't used in months, but she didn't know that all that she knew and all that mattered was that I had at one time, used.

I know that it wasn't the same thing that Luke was imprisoned by but in her mind, it was.

She shook her head and made her way inside. My heart was screaming at me through my chest to run after her, to tell her that I needed her that I loved her but I knew that the girl infront of me would never be mine again. I turned and got back into the car holding in the sobs that were threatening to rip through my chest at any moment.

Lou and Eleanor's eyes didn't meet my own because they knew by the look on my face that there was nothing to be said.

I doubted that they had seen what Briar had thrown onto the ground, because they still didn't say anything to me when we reached Eleanor's house.

Louis patted me on the back and gave me a sympathetic look as he followed her inside obviously wanting to give me some space.

Walking into my house and turning on the light, I had never felt so alone. I found myself walking towards my bedroom and the familiar dresser. I opened the drawer and pulled out the small bag. I held it in my hand as I made my way over to my bed.

Briar's P.O.V

I slammed the door closed behind me, knocking over the vase that resided on the table. I didn't hear anything from Isabelle's room so I assumed her date had gone well. I knew that Carrie was still out of town visiting her parents.

I left the vase on the ground and headed into my room.

My brain was fried, and my thoughts were no longer coherent. I peeled off the dress and kicked off of the ridiculous heels cursing that I had ever let myself be so stupid.

He was a rock star of course he would be leading that kind of life. My eyes started to water and the tears ran down my cheeks. The small tears turned into sobs and I cried until I was sure that there were no tears left in my body.

I fell into a dreamless sleep, and for the frist time since I had met him when I thought about the green eyed boy he was no longer just Harry to me. He was once again a stranger known as Harry Styles.

**********************************************************************************************************
You know the feeling when you wake up from a night's sleep and for one split second you forget who you are, and everything in your life; good or bad, is barely even a memory?
That is perhaps one of the worst feelings in the world, because as soon as the memories come back the pain is a million times worse.

When I woke up the next day it was not dark or gloomy, and no rain fell from the clouds. In fact it was beautiful, with not one cloud in the sky. The sun woke me up its warmth radiating over my face. I opened my eyes, only to pinch them closed again. They were dry and stung, my chest was aching from the sobbing that occurred the night before.

I didn't bother showering and before I knew it my brain was on auto pilot. I grabbed my sneakers from my closet, threw on a pair of running shorts, grabbed my ipod and ran out of the house.

1 mile. Done.
2 miles. Done.
6 miles. Done.

I felt the impact with each step I took, I felt the wind blowing in my face. What I didn't feel was the satisfying peace that grew as I progressed through my run.

I actually didn't feel anything at all, no sadness, no anger. Just empty.

I turned the music up and for the last mile shut my brain off completely.

I walked up my steps and opened the door, closing it behind me.
"Briar Rose!" I heard Carrie and Isabelle yell at the same time.

I slapped my hand against my forehead when I realized I had forgotten to pick up the vase I knocked over the night before. I quickly thought of a lie so I could avoid bringing up the events of the night before.

"Next time you and Harry decide to have a passion filled night please, for the love of god, do NOT do it on the place where I eat." Isabelle said scrunching up her nose.

I was confused until I realized what the scene in front of me looked like.
My dress and shoes were thrown on the ground below the table and the vase was laying in a pile of dirt right next to it.

I forced a smile on my face, and as I walked by them towards my shower I said a quiet sorry.
The two girls shared a glance between each other, but knew better than to press the issue.

I stood in the running water for twenty minutes before I noticed my fingers pruning.

I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I heard my phone vibrate and hoped that it was just my boss calling me back about the extra shifts I wanted to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Briar?"

"Yes this is her, I'm sorry who is this?"

"This is Dr. Fredja calling from Warren Street Hospital's E.R."

My heartbeat stopped.