Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Words not wasted

Harry led me down a long hallway and out the back door of the stadium, and I followed him without question. We made our way to his tour bus and he climbed inside, I was hesitant at first but followed him after he gave me a warm smile and an outreached hand. I placed mine in his and felt the calloused skin in my soft small hands and smiled at the contrast. He lead me to the back and just as I was about to speak up I saw a ladder, which he began to climb. As I made my way up clumsily due to the fact I still had to be careful of my fracture, I looked above me and noticed how beautiful the sky looked. There were countless shimmering stars lighting up the sky above us and when I made it to the top of the bus I just stared in amazement.

“This is beautiful, it is absolutely breath taking” I said breathlessly.

“I go here when I just need a minute to myself, and I thought that maybe we could have use this particular minute for ourselves.” He said adding in a gentle smile.

I smiled back and sighed contently.

“how’d you like the concert?”

“oh it was everything and more I cannot thank you enough for what you did for my friends and I tonight really, it was incredibly generous of you”

“you are so polite it was my pleasure, loosen up a little I’m happy I could help in some way make you smile after the incident.”

I glanced down at my foot and felt a pang of sadness hit me and thought to myself I’ve lost my only escape.

Harry noticed the sudden change in my mood and in one smooth gesture placed his hand tenderly on my shoulder, “I could tell how much running meant to you when I saw the look on your face when the doctor told you about your foot, and I’m sorry that it was taken away from you I wouldn’t know what I would do if my passion was taken from me.”

I stared at the popstar sitting infront of me and then he was no longer Harry Styles, he was just Harry. And harry had an incredibly beautiful spirit.
“I’m okay honestly, it will be tough trying to live my life without running but there are so many more things that people every day have to face and I’m thankful that mine is only temporary. I like to believe that life never gives you more than you can handle.” I said looking right into his emerald eyes.

“ You know Briar you are a woman of few words but each word you grant me is not wasted. I haven’t had a conversation in a long time, one that actually had meaning behind it I mean. And I thank you for that, it’s quite refreshing. Also it’s always extremely interesting listening to the alluring accent of yours, American is it?”

I blushed hearing the genuine compliment, and laughed knowing I was thinking the same about his thick british accent, “Yes I actually grew up in Boston, I’m sure you’ve played there before.”
“Yes, it was one of my favorite spots.” He said closing his eyes looking to be in deep thought.
I knew there was more to the sentence and figured he had met someone there and couldn’t help to feel a pang of jealousy.

“we visited the children’s hospital that day, and I don’t think I have ever felt so insignificant in my life. It really made all of the petty shit in my life seem well, like petty shit. Seeing how brave those children were was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life. Their smiles when they saw us could have broken a million hearts I’ll never know what I did to be able to deserve those smiles.”

His eyes were still closed and I could feel the emotion in his voice.
“I hope you know what an amazing gift you have.”

He opened his eyes then and gave me a curious look edging me to continue my thought.

“I just mean some of those kids have made their wish to just see you, and to have that kind of effect on someone is just incredible. The fact that you were able to fulfill someone’s life wish is such an incredible gift you’ve gotten.”

He smiled and softly said, “I think you just put my life into a greater perspective than I have been able to in the last 21 years.”

I smiled and couldn’t remember the last time life had made sense like it had during this moment.
That conversation is the only thing that happened between Harry and I that night and we both walked back to the stadium feeling more satisfied than any sort of physical contact could have supplied.
♠ ♠ ♠
please let me know what you think, and I would absolutley love to hear any feedback on how I can make this story better.
x