Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

Second Chance

There was nothing that I wanted more than for that one Saturday night to have a ground hog day effect. If I could live that day over and over I would have but unfortunately when I woke up on Sunday morning I was back in my apartment studying for an exam. The day had been so perfect I had to keep asking Isabelle and Carrie if it had really happened, to which their response was a “YES for the hundredth time-YES.”

Harry had never asked for my number which I was a little taken aback by, but I knew I should never have expected anything in the first place seeing as how he was who he was. No matter how perfect I thought the night was I couldn’t be sure of his own feelings.

I stared down at my aching foot and cursed to myself because on Sundays I would usually have my short run which was my favorite due to the route itself and seeing as how I tried to beat my own personal record every time.
It had only been a few days but I was already starting to work myself up over the idea of not running.
My self-pity didn’t last long when I heard the familiar chime of my phone I raced to my room to through on clothes and nearly knocked Isabelle off her feet as I was runnin-well limping to the door.
“Luke?” she asked.
“Luke.” I confirmed.
I saw the hint of sadness and anger in her eyes followed by the look of sympathy.
All I could do was offer up a smile and made my way out to my car answering the phone,
“Hi love, don’t worry I’m on my way”

Harry’s P.O.V
I was pacing the floors of Louis’s and mine’s flat.
“You know mate, pacing is not going to get you her number….”
I shot him a glare,
“I cannot believe how stupid I could have been.”
“I could believe it”
This time a pillow was thrown in Louis’s direction.
“I’m just saying, from what you told me she seems like a lovely girl not to mention proper fit so I don’t see why you would have not gotten her number. Probably would be a great shag!”
This time I was actually somewhat angry,
“Oh shut your mouth it wasn’t like that, I genuinely liked her.”
“well then why didn’t you get her number?” Louis asked.
“Because I’m an arse?”
“No Harry really, why didn’t you at least ask?”
“It was too perfect Louis, like so perfect that I was scared had I seen her again it would ruin the idea of her that I had in my head or somewhat devalue what we had experienced.”
“Mate you seriously are one the dumbest lads I know, you’re giving up on something that could be amazing because your first encounters were ‘too perfect’?”
“Yeah I’m an idiot” I sighed reaching my hands in my pocket.
My fingers grazed a piece of paper that was shoved into them, as I pulled it out I realized I had been given a second chance.
“AHA!”
Louis shot me a look like I was going mad, maybe I was.
“I have her address, right here. It was in my pocket the whole entire time” I reached and face palmed my forehead.
“you’re the only celebrity that I know that had dozens of pairs of pants and only wears the same two every other day…”
“Ha-ha I’m gonna go to her house.” I said matter-of-factly.
“Good luck with that, this time come back with her number and change your pants would you?”
With my keys in one hand and her address in the other I made my way out to the car with the stupid grin on my face once again. What was this girl doing to me?

Briar’s P.O.V
I shut my car door and sighed just wanting to get into my house and take a bath to relieve my mind and body of what had just happened. The bruises on my arms were sore but covered by my oatmeal colored sweater, and I rubbed them as I walked through my door only to find Isabelle and Carrie sitting at our kitchen bar with wide eyes and huge grins.

“Welcome home love, we uh we have a guest.”

My eyes scanned the apartment in confusion and wondered why they both were acting so strangely and then my eyes landed on beautiful green orbs that I remembered instantly.

“I was just in the neighborhood so I decided to stop by and say hello!” Harry offered up.

There was Harry Styles sitting in my god awful messy living room and not only 50 feet from him was a pile of dirty laundry I had yet to tend to. Great impression I was giving him……