Status: First Story

Running Through My Mind

The Line

His eyes turned to a dark emerald a color I had not yet seen as he simply nodded his head. I unlocked the door knowing that both Isabelle and Carrie would be out for at least another two hours seeing how it was only 9:00.

As soon as the door was opened Harry took it upon himself to scoop me up, understanding why I had asked him in. He was staring into my eyes the whole time he carried me into my room and only broke eye contact when he placed me gently down in front of my bed.


​He reached forward bringing my radiating body closer to his, and my hands reached up finding a spot on his tattooed chest that was exposed through his patterned button up.

​His lips crashed unto mine, this time more passionately than before.

​His hands were placed on my hips as he moved them a little lower and pulled me up so that i was now straddling him while he held me.

​He lowered us both towards my bed ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​. My back hit the soft cover and he then moved his kisses to trail my neck to my collar bone while my hands worked on the buttons on his shirt.

​As I reached the last button I slowly pulled his shirt off to fully expose his beautiful body which was the most beautiful work of art I had ever seen.

I let my hands slowly move their way down his entire chest and stomach ​​​​leaving small kisses on the same path. As soon as I went to undue the button on his jeans I heard Harry's breath hitch in his throat. He grabbed both of my hands and laid me back down.

Keeping one hand holding mine above my head he used the other remove my tank top.

​He took a minute after my shirt had come off and I could feel his eyes taking in every inch of my almost fully exposed body.

​"You are so beautiful" was all that he said before we entangled our bodies with one another.

​I should have known that my double life would end soon. I was letting myself get too happy and too close with Harry and of course there had to be a bump in the so far perfect road we were exploring together.

​I heard the ring before Harry did and I felt my heart drop and he must have noticed my body stiffen.

​"Is something wrong love?" oblivious to who was ringing me at this hour.

​I hadnt heard the phone ring again, and shook my head going back to kissing his perfect jaw line. That's when I heard it clearly ringing through my bag at the end of my bed where Harry has placed it no more than 15 minutes before.

​I looked at his confused eyes and gave him an apologetic look.

​"I'm sorry I have to get that."

​"Oh uh- yeah okay no problem, just hurry back" he said with a hint of annoyance, but I could see he was trying to understand.

​I silently hoped i would be able to hurry back, but the pit in my stomach knew this would not be a good phone call.

​I grabbed my white silk bathrobe off of my desk chair​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​to cover my almost naked body, and strolled over to my phone knowing that he wouldn't stop calling until I answered.

​I took the phone out into the living room and let out a "Hello?" praying that it wouldn't be the familiar harsh voice on the other end.​​​​

​Sure enough it was.

​"I need you. Now, Briar." The strained voice said on the other end.

​" Luke I cant't- not right now-"

​"Fuck! Briar no no no no I-I nn-eed you"

​My heart shattered because of what I was about to say,

​"Okay don't worry hun. Luke I'm coming" I sighed walking back to my room, only to be surprised by Harry sitting up on my bed pulling his boots on, already fully dressed.

​"I'm so sorry" I began, but before I could say another word his head shot up.

​His eyes were now a cold grayish as he looked around at everything but my own eyes, "​​​​​​​​Don't bother, I'll see you around." He got up without another word and made his way to the door.

​I sighed knowing I had better just let him go I wasn't good enough for him anyway, he didn't need this.

​I composed myself as I felt the stinging in my eyes get worse and closed them to prevent any tears from falling.

​I heard the door slam not even making me flinch as I pulled a pair of jeans on and a sweater.

​Harry's P.O.V.

​"Okay don't worry hun. Luke I'm coming"​​ I heard the words clear as day as I laid in her bed.

​I felt an angry shade wash over my body and let the rage take over even though I knew I probably should let her explain.

​I got up and got dressed not wanting to even look at her when she made her way back into the room. I knew if I looked into her eyes I would have stayed here all night. ​​​​​​​​


"I'm so sorry." I knew it was genuine but at this point I didn't care.

​""Don't bother, I'll see you around." was I managed.

​I got up off her bed and strolled over to her door waiting for her to chase after me and to tell me she was going to forget all about the other lad on the phone. But she didn't. A surprise that I wanted nothing to do with. I opened her door and slammed it on my way out.


​I drove silently as I made my way back to my own apartment, the lights were still on when I pulled up meaning Louis was still home.

​I slammed my car door shot still angry and made my way up to the front of the house, and threw open the front door.

​"HAZ" Louis yelled obviously already intoxicated.
​"Harry mate we were just going out, go get ready and grab a pint!" Niall exclaimed.

​All four of my best friends stood there in the living room as I said yes and ran up stairs to change. Or so they thought.

​I knew none of them knew what I had been up to lately but I honestly didn't care, I knew what I was doing and I pulled the small bag out of my dresser after I had changed.

​I lined up the powder just as I heard Liam yell for me from the other room.

​"Yeah Yeah I'm coming!" I yelled back,

​I closed my eyes and bent over to the line.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​