Easy Tiger

Chapter one; Summer

The summer holidays, Ah how i loved them. Endless fun in the sun, waterfights to chill you right to your bone, iced lemonade on your rooftop. This summer i had spent with my best friend Ginny Weasley, she was a year younger than me, but that didnt really matter. She lived just across the street from me, and has done my entire life.

Now, even though we were best friends, ive only been over Ginnys on a few occasions, where as shes been over mine heaps of times. She blamed it on my looks although I dont see why. I mean I was pretty ordinary. My hair wasnt a lucious silky blonde bowl of locks. Nor was my skintone a perfect tan, or my bodily figure, an hourglass shape. I was just, me. However, my hair is blonde, but not the kind of platinum blondes in Witch Weekly, it was a dull ash blonde colour, that in the right light could be mistaken for brown. It fell just below my shoulders in a trendy just cut loose look, which was thin at the bottom, and slightly layered at the top. I had a small fringe, but nothing overly dramatic, as it would be hell in these hot summer days. And usually, i wore a small navy blue bow on the right side of my head, which was given to me by Ginny.

I was quite proud of my eyes, because as far as i knew, i hadnt seen anyone with any like it; they were slitted, small, but powerful. A dark violet surrounded my iris, coloured in by a lilac. With seperate strands of purple leading around it.

My facial features were small, along with my height, and i although i wasnt skinny. I still managed to give off the impression that i weighed less than a chair.

Even with my bland appearance, i had managed to attract the attention of two red headed twins. I often noticed them peering through their window at me. Those two, and Ron were the only siblings of Ginnys i had seen so far. Six of them, she told me. Although only three of them lived with her. Bill, her oldest brother, works at Gringotts. Charlie, the second oldest, works in Romania with dragons. Percy, third oldest, Works at the ministry. Although from what ive heard from Ginny he doesnt sound very nice, its a good thing i dont have to aquaint myself with him. Fred and George, her twin brothers (who look in my window), still at the house. Pranksters from what ive heard, sound a bit too wild for me, as I am only a shy Hufflepuff. And lastly Ron, the youngest. He's in my year at school, ive only spoken to him once or twice, but truth be told. I havent really got up the courage to talk to him. Im very shy around people whom i dont know.

It was the last week of the holidays before my forth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ginnys third. We were hanging out in my backgarden sipping from out very large tumblers, filled with ice and lemonade. When she turned to me, lifted her overly huge sunglasses and said,

"You know Liv?"
"Hmm?" I said taking a sip from my glass.
"Ive just realised, we've been best friends for what? Six years now? And you have yet to sleep round my house" It wouldnt take a genious to figure that out. Oh how i loved Ginny, but she wasnt the brightest daisy of the bunch.
"Nothing gets passed you" I chuckled. She let out a small giggle.
"Well, my mums asked me if i'd like a friend over in the last week, and I'd really like it if you were the friend" She smiled.

I couldn't help to beam back to her. For so long ive waited to enter The Burrow. Ive heard so many things about it.
"Yeah of course, I'd love to be that friend. But, didnt you say you didnt want me over there because of your brothers?" I stated, taking another sip of my lemonade, and chewing on a small icecube. "Yeah well, they've got to meet you sooner or later dont they. Plus you allready know Ron from school"
"Only a smidge"
"Yeah still. Harry and Hermione will be there too" My stomache churned. I hated meeting new people. Even if i did know them from my year.
"Erm, well. Wont your house be full if im there?" I tried to make an excuse. As much as i wanted to stay at Ginnys, i really hated meeting new people more.
"No. Olivia Dont worry i know you dont like meeting new people but Harry and Hermione are cool. Trust me." She grinned, and did puppy eyes.
"How can i say no?" I giggled.
"Brilliant, ill be right back ill go tell mum. Tomorow good for you?"
"Oh, erm. I think so. Ill just go check with my mum"

We both walked into my house linked arms. My mum was in the kitchen trying to cool herself down with a fan she had put a spell on, that was waving freely on its own. Her long black hair twisted into knots behind her, and here peircing blue eyes welled shut as she enjoyed the breeze.

"Mum?"
"Hmm?" She said, looking up from the Daily Prophet she was reading.
"Would it be okay if i stayed over at Ginnys tomorow?" I pleaded.
"Yeah sure honey that'd be fine" She said before uninterestedly returning to read the article she was half way through.
"Thanks!" I said happily as me and Ginny skipped out the front door.

"You know, ill think ill stay here. Hate to walk in when im not invited" I lied.

"C'mon Liv, If your staying over my house tomorow, then you might aswell meet some people now"

I nodded slowly as she pulled me across the road. She entered her house through a side door.

Mrs Weasley was sat in the corner knitting what looked like a hat. Mr Weasley was drinking a mug of coffee, which was stirring itself. Fred and George were huddled over the dining table furiously scribbling on a sheet of parchment. They looked up when they heard the door open. They smirked to each other, then grinned broadly at me. I blushed, smiled weakly then turned my attention to my shoes. Harry, Hermione and Ron were nowhere to be seen. I was kind of thankful, as i didnt want to meet everyone at once.

When I returned my head into its natural position, i found all of the Weasleys staring at me. I lent over to Ginny and whispered in her ear.

"Can i go now?"

She laughed and grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me over to her mum. Fred and Georges eyes followed me.

"Mum, this is Liv, shes the friend i want over tomorow" Ginny said. I smiled weakly and did a little hand wave.

"So this is the famous Olivia, we've heard so much about you dear. Drink?" She said pointing to the kitchen behind me.

"Erm, no, no thanks" I stutterd.

"We were wondering when we were going to meet you" Mr Weasley said, causing me to turn around to face him. I saw Fred and George, still grinning to each other and whispering.

I smiled, and turned back to Mrs Weasley.

"Its wonderful to have you stay dear" Mrs Weasley said standing up and putting both arms on my pale shoulders. (Even if it was summer, i was still reluctant to get a tan)

"Thank you Mrs Weasley-"

"-Call me Molly, dear" She smiled. her smile was so sweet that i had to smile myself.

"And me Arthur" Mr Weasley called from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and nodded. I turned back around to find both of the twins standing infront of me, grinning from ear to ear.

"Fred" One of them held out their hand. I took it and shook it softly.

"George" The other one said, he took my hand and kissed it. I blushed and turned to Ginny. She was trying not to laugh.

"Where you two off to now then?" George said folding his arms.

"Oh, erm.." I stutterd.

"Back toLiv's house i suppose" Ginny cut in. I nodded.

"Thats a shame, we were hoping you would stay here" Fred smirked. I blushed and looked at Ginny once more. Who looked slightly annoyyed, whilst folding her arms aggitatedly.

"Have it your way then" Ginny said grabbing my hand and pulling me upstaires. I turned back to find the Weasley twins staring at me, smirking.

We got to the top of the staires and I let out a sigh of relief.
"See? That wasnt so bad was it?" She said letting go of my hand and directing me into a medium sized room.
"I guess not" I smiled.

I walked into Ginny's room. I had never been inside it before. It was small, but bright. There was a large poster of the wizarding band the Weird Sisters on one wall, and a picture of Gwenog Jones, Captain of the all- witchQuidditch team the Holyhead Harpies, on the other. A desk stood facing the open window, whichlooked out over an orchard, which now housed a large, pearly-white marquee. The golden flag on top was level with Ginnys window.

I sat on her bed and bounced a little,before slouching back and admirering the lilac walls.
"What do you think? Its not as nice as your room-"
"I think its wonderful" I smiled at her. She grinned back at me and joined me on the bed.

"Fred, move your blocking my view!" George said as he pushed his brother out the way, and looked through the keyhole to Ginnys room.
"Hey! Now your blocking it!" Fred said nudging George over slightly.
"Thats better" He said.
"Yeah it would be, if i could see!" George said pushing Fred again.
"I dont know why your bothering anyway, Ive allready claimed her!" Fred said again pushing his brother out of the way.
"Says who?" George retaliated.
"Says me" Fred smirked.
"Dream on" George said and pushed Fred again.

Ginny pointed to a picture on her wall, itshowed a bunch of people, each pale faced freckled, and had red hair. Two older people stood in the center, I guessed them to be Ginnys mum and dad. Mr Weasley had his arm around Mrs Weasley and wasgiving her soft kisses on the cheek. Whilst, a tall teenagerstood next to them, taller than Mr Weasley infact. He was grinning broadly and swaying from left toright. I thought that to be Ron.Next to Ron wasa slightly smaller skinny boy. With square glasses perched upon his nose. He didnt look at all impressed, and was shaking his head slowly at the camera.Behind him was a built man, with a pony tail and a snake tooth earing. Next to him, a handsome tall man, with short curly hair. And at the very front, was twotwins, laughing and chuckling beside a grinning Ginny.

"My family, bunch of crazy loonys. But i love em" She chuckled. I laughed, and studied the picture. I never had any brothers or sisters. Ginny was like a sister to me though.
"Your so lucky so have a family like that" I smiled. She grinned.
"So which one of my brothers do you think is the cutest?" She said smirking.

"Ooh its getting good" Fred said as he heard Ginnys last question.
"What is she taking her top off?" George said as he pushed Fred for another time.
"No that would be excellent, Good would be Ginny asking which one of her brothers she thinks is the cutest"
"That is good" George said and pressed his ear up against the door.

"Oh, erm.. Well, wait what?" I laughed.
"You heard me, which ones the cutest" She smirked again and pointed to the photo.

"Yeah Liv, you heard her. Which ones the cutest?" Fred said leaning his ear closer to the door. "Prefurably a twin who goes by the name of George" George smirked.

"Oh, erm. I dunno" I said and smiled sweetly.
"Thats a lie. All of my friends at least think one of them is cute." I blushed.
"Ha, i knew it!" She exclaimed.
"Shut up" I laughed.
"So who is it then?"
"Which ones this guy?" I said pointing tothe handsome man with curly hair.
"Thats Charlie, but i wouldnt get your hopes up. Hes 25." She laughed.

"Damn Charlie!" Fred said.
"Wait listen" George said as he shushed Fred.

"So which one of my older, but young enough for you brothers do you think is the cutest?"
"You dont give me much of a choice there," I chuckled.
"But I guess it would have to be-" I was cut off by a loud bang outside the door. I looked at it confusingly. Ginny nodded to me irritably and walked to the door. She opened it, and both of the twins that were listening with their ears leant against the door. Fell to the floor by Ginnys feet.

"I thought it was you" She said folding her arms. They both looked up at her cross face and smiled innocently. I couldnt help but laugh at their attempt.
"It was Georges fault" Fred said pointing at George. Still smiling.
"Wha-" George said. But Ginny cut him off.
"You two are so immature" She said as she grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door, passed Fred and George who were still crouched down on the floor. I turned back to look at them and giggled.

When the time for the sleepover rolled around. I was quite excited, all day i had been wondering what Ginny had planned for us to do, i allready had a long list of what i wanted.

I was busily staring out the window when the doorbell went.
"ILL GET IT!" I imeadiatly shouted. I ran to the door and saw Ginny standing there with a massive grin on her face.
"Ready?" She asked me.
"Uh huh" I said as i lifted my bag over my shoulder. "
BYE MUM!" I called as i shut the door. My nerves soon kicked in as i realised id be meeting TWO new people. Ginny could tell by the expression on my face that i was nervous.
"Dont worry, i told you before. Harry and Hermione are cool!" She said as she tapped my back. I smiled and followed her to the side door. I was greated by Molly and Arthur shouting
"Hello Olivia!" at me.

I had noticed that it was dinner time, Ron, Hermione and Harry looked up at me and smiled. Harry and Ron bothexchanged knowing glancesand i smiled weakly. Fred and George smirked at each other then winked at me.

"Just in time for dinner my dear, pop your bag down there, thats it. Now you sit next to Fred over there" I turned to look at Fred who was now looking proudly at his brother.Georgeflung a potatoe at him and barely missed.I sat down next to Fred, and he moved closer to me. Grinned then said hello. I smiled back at him and looked down at the table cloth.

"Olivia? Is that right?" Hermione asked me.
"Call me Liv please" I replied as Ginny sat down next to me putting down two platefuls of roast dinner. "Okay, Liv. Your in our year right? Hufflepuff?"
"Yeah" I smiled. Hermione smiled back. It was followed by a minute of silence.
"Well this is arkward" I whispered to Ginny who laughed. Just as i said that Mr and Mrs Weasley sat down.

"So Ginny? How comes we havent seen Olivia before if youve known her for years?" Molly asked, eating a roast potatoe.
"Oh, erm well.." Ron, Harry, Fred, George and Hermione all looked at me, hoping for an answer. I just shook my head and carried on eating in small doses.
"I can see why your in Hufflepuff" Ron blurted out. He soon realised what he said might have been offensive to me. I giggled.
"I can see why your in Gryffindor" I retaliated. He laughed.
"Ive always wondered what is it like in the Hufflepuff common room?" George said trying to make conversation.
"Oh, you know. Normal. Chairs and tables. Basicly like yours just covered in yellow" I smiled. George did too.
"Wait, youve been in our common room?" Fred asked. I looked over at Ginny and smirked.
"I never said that" I smiled. Fred and George smirked to each other and carried on eating.

"Oh by the way girls i got you some muggle sweets from work, a bloke i work with says they taste quite good."Mr Weasleysaid as he reached into the bag beside him. He pulled out two bars, one in gold wrapping and one in green.
"Twix, and an Ay-ee-air-reo, is that supposed to say?" I took it from him.
"Aero" I pronounced.
"Ah, fasinating these muggles. And the way they come up with these names. Merlin, i would of never thought of that" I laughed.

For the rest of the dinner, i got to know the Weasleys ( Harry and Hermione) quite well. By the time we had all finished eating, i felt as if i had known them for years. I was no longer shy.

"C'mon Liv lets go upstaires" Ginny said tugging on my sleeve. I smiled and began to get up. Fred stopped me by grabbing my shoulder and pushing me back down on the seat.
"Leaving so soon?" He smirked. I winked at him and followed Ginny up the staires.
♠ ♠ ♠
May not be as gripping as ever, but it gets better. I promise :)
Thanks for reading this first part!

Comments on how i've done would be appreciated.