Easy Tiger

Chapter four; 'Terror at the Quidditch World Cup'

Recap -
George heaved me up, and allowed his arm for support. Fred came up the other side and did the same.
"Glad were now safe" Fred said smiling at me.
"Yeah" I murmerd, and looked back at the boot, wonder was rushing through my mind, as i thought of what i had just saw in the sky.

Fred and George allowed me to lean on them, all the way back to the Burrow, When we got there (entering through the side door) Mrs Weasley was sat next to the fireplace, knitting the small hat that i saw a few days ago. She looked up from her feverent 'knit one peal two' stages and her expression, which was relaxed, changed to a harsher, worried look.

"What are you doing back so soon?" She said dropping her knitting, and rushing over to us. We all clambered through into the kitchen, out of breath and bruised.

"Death Eaters at the world cup, Molly. It was terrible" Mr Weasley said grasping Mrs Weasley and hugging her tightly.
Mrs Weasleys eyes shut as she clinged to Mr Weasley, showing her love and care all in one caress.
We stood at the back, awe and worry in all of our eyes. Then Mrs Weasleys eyes snapped open, and she let go of her husband and threw herself at Ron.

"Im so glad your okay" She whispered kissing him on the cheek. Then moving quickly to Fred, then George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Percy, Charlie and Bill. "I dont know what i would have done if anything had happened to you" At that moment her eyes rested on my ankle, she saw how badly bruised and bleeding it was and released Bill harshly.
"Oh, my dear, let me get a flannel for that" Mrs Weasley hurried and wet a cloth under the tap then ran her way back to me and pushed it to my ankle. It stung fiercely, and it showed in my eyes. Fred moved quickly as if to do something but Ginny stopped him. "Hold that there" Mrs Weasley commanded and i obeyed.
"All of you sit down, ill get you all a nice cup of hot chocolate" Mrs Weasley said softly, but with command in her voice. We all sat down reluctantly.

Mrs Weasley pointed her wand at 11 mismatched mugs in the cupboard. The door on it flew open, and all mugs shot over to the table. Each of them landing infront of all of us. They filled up quickly with the brown liquid which was hot chocolate, steam ushered from it as the piping hot outline of the marshmallows appeared.
"Tell me what happened" Mrs Weasley said sitting down next to Mr Weasley.

"It was brilliant mum, you should have seen the outcome. Krum caught the snitch and Ireland still-" Ron began but was cut off by Mrs Weasleys roar.
"NOT THE MATCH YOU BUFFOON! THE DEATH EATERS!"
Everyones breath was held, as Rons face drooped into a defeated one. Mrs Weasley turned her attention to Mr Weasley and asked once more. "What happend?"
*

I entered my house through the front door, worry etching on my face, as I had been away far longer than i had hoped. I had only just rememberd that i forgot to tell my mum where i was going. She was probably pacing the living room right now, bright red ready to snap at me as i entered.
I pushed the white door to my left and i was right.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" She screamed, her normally white cheeks flaring with colour.
"Im sorry-"
"NO! - your not sorry. If you were sorry you would have told me where you were!"
"Mum, listen-"
"NO! You listen Olivia Black," It was not often my mother used my full name. But when she did, you knew you were in trouble. This was the same situation, before my father left. All i remember, was my mother screaming at him for doing something unmentionable, then him screaming back. And storming out. Ive never seen him since.

"I have been worried SICK, over you. Do you know what could of happend to you? You could have been dead for all i knew! I've had all the neighbours out looking!"
"If you went to Mrs Weasley you would have known straight away where i was!"
"DONT BACKCHAT ME!" Her voice was now so loud, the Weasleys across the street were peering through the kitchen window to see what was happening. "Now, i want an explanation where have you been? And i want no lies" Her finger pointed its way to my face, and i felt more intimidated than ever.

"I was at the Quidditch World Cup" I said quietly.
"YOU WHAT?"
"Quidditch World Cu-"
"I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID! I just dont understand why! One day your off over the road, next your galervanting all across the country! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?"
"I didnt have time-"
"You had all the time in the world" She stropped off to the kitchen, i followed her obeyingly, although my left ankle wasnt paying attention.

"Oh look and you've hurt yourself!"
"IF YOU WOULD JUST LET ME EXPLAIN!" I boomed, my hands curled into fists. Not often my anger was shown, but this time my eyes grew fierce, and for one split second, blood red.
My mum turned around, ready to retalliate, but before she could my mouth opened and beat her to it. "YES I WAS AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP. I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO TELL YOU! WE WENT STRAIGHT AWAY. I DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT! I HAD A FANTASTIC TIME, UNTIL THE DEATH EATERS SHOWED UP. NOW IM STUCK HOME HERE WITH YOU, SHOUTING AT ME! IF YOU HAD GONE TO MRS WEASLEY YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHERE I HAD BEEN!"

My mothers mouth shut tightly, and her eyes softened, they grew larger and widely concerned. We stood in silence for a second. Before my mum opened her mouth and squeaked out;
"D-d-death Eaters?" I nodded slowly. Her face grew twisted, and tears streamed down her face. She grasped on to me and held me tight, in a hug to match Mrs Weasleys.

I couldnt tell what she was crying at, her apology to me for being so upfront. Or for her reminder of my father. Which caught my attention.

"M-Mum?" I whispered to her chest. She said nothing but sniffed loudly. "You dont think d-d-dad could have been there do you?" I squeaked out.
At that moment, she stopped crying. Nothing was coming out of her, not even a breath. I poked her lightly, and she caught it back.

"Honey, y-your fathers d-d-d-dead" She said quietly.
It was then my turn to stop breathing.
*

I burst into my room, paying no attention to the pain firing up in my ankle. I lunged for my bed, and fell head first into my pillow.
The tears found their way down my cheeks. I hardly ever cried. I hardly ever had a reason. But i think a dead father is a good enough reason dont you think?
Lots of unanswered questions popped up in my mind, "Why did he die?" "Was it because of the dark side?" "When did he die?" "Why wasnt i told?"

He didnt deserve to die, allright he wasnt the nicest person. But he was wonderful to me. I looked up to my left, on the windowsill was a framed photo of me and my dad. His arm around me, smiling. I was next to him and everynow and then, burst out laughing.
A small smile etched upon my drenched cheeks. More tears found their paths down to my chin, and onto the soggy pillow.
My eyes remained on that image, until a white paper aeroplane flew in the open window and landed on the oposite desk.

I grew intrigued and wiped my eyes dry, and pushed back any tears to come. I approached the aeroplane, and grabbed it. I opened it to reveal the word;

'Sorry'

I turned to look at the window, and when i did, i saw Fred and George, standing in Ginnys room holding a quill. They waved to me, and i waved back.
I then grabbed a pencil from the desk infront of me a scribbled my reply.

'What are you sorry for you didnt do anything'

I folded it back up following the previously made crease lines, and threw it back at the twins. Fred caught it and opened it out for him and his brother to read.
They looked up once more, before replying.

'Not allowing you time to tell your mum'

I pushed away a tear wanting to fall, and wrote back.

'Im guessing you heard then huh?"

The twins replied quickly, and the airmail conversation broke out.

'I dont think theres a house in this street who didnt"
'Shes fine now though'
'So your not in trouble?'
'Well she had to punish me for not telling her, so im grounded for a couple of days'
'Aw, that sucks. School starts next week aswell'
'Ill just have to make the most of it in my bedroom'

Before the last reply from Fred and George came through, a nock at the door came. I closed my window quickly to endorse the aeroplane hitting it and falling to the depth of the geraniums.
I returned to my bed quickly, then quietly adressed the person to come in. As if i didnt allready know who it was.

My mum entered, carrying a tray of chocolate and milk. She put it down next to me and sat opposite it.
"Chocolate and milk, got me through hard times. Well, if you substitute milk for vodka" She smiled, i smiled weakly back. "Im sorry i didnt tell you sooner sweetie," She said hugging me tightly. "I just didnt know how you would take it. I mean, you know why he died don't you?"
I shook my head.
"Well,"

"Your uncle, Sirius ('she spat out') thought that your father was killed by Death Eaters because he panicked and tried to leave. In reality, he began to have a change of heart when he saw first hand what the Dark Lord was doing.
Voldemort demanded the use of a house-elf, and your father sent Kreacher, our house elf at Grimmauld Place. However, the elf was left behind to die by Voldemort on a secret island, in a sea cave. Where he'd hidden a locket Horcrux. Your father had commanded Kreacher to come back, however, the elf was compelled to return. The story Kreacher told was the last straw and your father became determined to destroy Voldemort.
From arrogant hints the Dark Lord had dropped, your father figured out what the locket was. He ordered the elf to return to the island with him, substituted a fake horcrux for the real one, then told Kreacher to take the locket and destroy it. Your father, who had drunk a potion in the stone basin to get to the locket, was attacked and drowned by the Inferi in the underground lake. He had forbidden Kreacher to tell anyone in the family what had happened, so they would be protected by not knowing."
"Then how comes you know?" I squeaked out, after hearing my fathers reason for death.
"I threatoned Kreacher. I was worried, and i needed to know" She said ashamed. "But at least he didnt die following Voldemort" She soothed, hugging me once more.
"Now eat your chocolate, it will make you feel better" She grinned, exiting my room.
*

"Guys, what are you doing in my room!" Ginny called from behind Fred and Georges backs. She stood in the open door way with her arms neatly folded across her chest, and a sour look sprauled on her cheeks.
"Oh, erm.." Fred stuttered. Normally he would have been able to make a quick and witty remark back at Ginny, but something was holding him back.
Ginny moved towards the window to where they were standing and peered outside, she saw Liv sitting on her bed eating small bites of chocolate. A smirk imeadiatly grew on her face.

"Ohhhhhhh.." She smirked knowingly.
"What?" George answered.
"What do you mean what?" She said pulling her arms closer to her chest.
"We mean what? What."
"Stalkers" Ginny laughed.
"We are not stalkers, we're just-"
"Stalking?" Ginny interrupted.
"Interested" Fred corrected.

Ginny pushed them out of her room.
"Fine whatever, stalkers" She giggled, shutting the door on their face. She turned around to see Liv looking straight at her, through her own window into Ginnys.
When Ginny caught her eye she mouthed another 'Sorry' but Liv just shook her head and brightly smiled at Ginny.

The rest of the holidays went by smoothly, being grounded, gave me both time to think, mourn and get a headstart on all the homework i had been given, that i actually not bothered to complete. I was still kept entertained by Ginny or the twins appearing at their windows, now and again. Either giving me reasuring thumbs up, or just another excuse for airmail.

When August 31st swung around, i rushed about madly collecting my things ready for a new year at Hogwarts. I occasionally glanced across at the Burrow, into Ginnys window. She was hurridly scoping her room for all her favourate clothes, and books.
The next day, my mum entered my room just as i had finished some last minute packing, i stuffed my Astronomy book into my suitcase and looked up at her.
"You ready?" She said pushing her head round the door.
I nodded furiously and zipped up the 'case, my mum hauled it behind her and down the staires.

She took my suitcase and put it out in the boot of our magical car. Waving to Mrs Weasley as she passed. I grabbed my bag from a step above me and followed her out.
"Hello dear" Mrs Weasley called from across the road. I waved my hand at her and put my bag in the front seat.

"Right well, we have exactly," Mum looked at her watch.
"One and a half hours until the train leaves. C'mon lets go" I nodded and locked the house up.

Passing the Burrow, i saw Fred and George in their window, looking out into mine. Hoping to catch a glimpse of me before i left. But they soon realised, when they heard the engine of the car, that i wasnt there. They smiled at me and fluttered their fingers.
"Wait for us at the station" They mouthed. I nodded.

The journey to Kings Cross didnt take as long as i suspected. Especially with me and my mum talking about things other than my father, time passed quickly.
We got to the car park of Kings Cross, and found a few empty spots, backed out into a relevent one and made our way into the station, with my bags in tow.

We stood hovering our backs over the wall between platforms nine and ten, before checking nobody was near. Fell backwards into the wall. Suddenly, platform 9 3/4 came into view, with the scarlet steam engine allready pulled up before me.

I noticed one of my friends, Susan Bones (from Hufflepuff, whom i shared a dorm with) waiting with her mother just outside a compartment door.
Susan was not hugely known, for she was just a small Hufflepuff like me. But she was beautiful, with her long flowing mousy brown hair, and aburn eyes to match. She wasnt as small as me, but she was still tiny.

I ran over to her and pulled her into a massive hug, almost toppling her backwards. "Liv!" She said excitedly, placing her hands on my back and returning the embrace.
"So good to see you!" I smiled. She nodded, and broke from the hug.
"So, how was your summer?"
"Apart from the world cup, pretty good. Me and Ginny did absolutely nothing" I chuckled.

"You went to the world cup?" She asked shocked. I nodded slowly.
"Oh, my god. I read about that in the prophet. Death Eaters? Am i correct?" Worry creeping up in her voice, again, i nodded. She pulled me into another hug, this time, almost toppling me backwards. "So glad your okay"
"Yeah so am i really" I smiled.

"Hello Susan dear" My mother said waltzing beside me with my suitecase and belongings.
"Mrs Black" She replied, before turning back to talk to her own mother.

"Ive just seen Molly and Arthur turn up, their meeting us here in about five minutes" She said checking her watch.
I smiled and took in my surroundings once more, i noticed a few other people from my year Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas chatting frantically about the world cup, Seamus was yelping and cheering madly, Dean was trying to shush him, and Neville, who didnt seem at all intrested, turned to me. He waved in my direction and blushed. I smiled and returned the wave.

"Packed with muggles. Always is dear" I heard the voice of Mrs Weasley say from behind me, i turned around to be faced with The Weasleys, Harry and Hermione.
Ginny ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. I returned it with a large grin on my face.

"I saw Harry staring at me a few minutes ago" She whispered excitedly in my ear. I grinned and looked behind her head. But to my dissapointment, there stood Cho Chang. I decided not to correct Ginnys excitment, but just grin in her direction.

"What no hug for us?" Came the cheery voice of George, just as i broke off from Ginnys cuddle. I laughed and hugged him tightly, then moving on to hug Fred in the same way.

"Right you kids, you better get on this train before it leaves without you" My mum said handing me my bags, as i took them off her she whispered silently in my ear. "Dont tell anyone about your father. I'm not supposed to know. Im pushing it telling you. Not even Ginny you understand?" I nodded.

"Yep, goodbye now dears" Mrs Weasley said, before hugging each of her children, while my mum hugged me tightly.
"Write to us" She called as we boarded the train.

Ginny stopped me for a second, and pulled off something from my back, it turned out to be a sheet of paper with 'kick me' written in big bold letters. I took it from her grasp and looked up to find both of the twins staring back at me.
"You two are so immature" I giggled, screwing the paper up into a little ball and chucking it aside.

They grinned and turned into the train, as they did Ginny noticed a sign on each of their backs, Freds read 'I wear ladies underwear' and Georges was 'i have a crush on Neville' Ginny laughed loudly causing the twins to turn back around with confusing looks on their faces.
"So im a little immature too" I whispered in her ear before following the twins deeper into the train.
♠ ♠ ♠
This ones possibly the best chapter yet. Wheyy!
Thanks for reading it! Your all stars!
Comment me please!