Status: Updates not regular...but there are still updates.

Can You See Me?

One

"Don't forget to turn off the bathroom lights before you lock up!" My boss, David called, as he pulled the door to the book shop open. The bell on the door dinged cheerfully.

"I never do!" I called back. I heard Jey, my co-worker laugh from a different aisle of books. Just as I heard the front door close behind David, Jey peeked around the corner at me, as I lifted some books to place them back in alphabetical order.

"You ready?" Jey asked. He was grinning, his dark brown eyes sparkling, his black hair sticking up in the front.

"No."

"Oh come on. It's tradition. You have to join in sooner or later!"

"No."

"I can't do it by myself. You've been working here for two weeks, and you still won't do it."

"Of course you-" The bell on the door dinged again, signaling someone's arrival. At first I thought it might have been David returning...but then I heard loud voices. Deep, male, English voices. Jey scrunched his eyebrows in annoyance and I pushed past him.

Three guys were standing just inside the door, looking outside, so they didn't notice me approach.

"Excuse me." They jumped simultaneously and turned around. "We're-" I stopped in shock, then cleared my throat. "We're closed." I said.

"Billie?" It was all I could do to keep tears from pooling in my eyes, listening to that voice, looking into those green eyes.

"Harry, we're closed. You guys can't be in here." I said, gesturing to Louis and Zayn who were standing behind him.

"I haven't seen you in three years, and all you say to me is, 'we're closed'?" Harry asked. "Come 'ere and give me a hug for God's sake!" He stepped forward, not giving me the chance to refuse to 'come 'ere' and give him a hug, wrapping his long arms around me. I didn't move a muscle, didn't even lift my arms to reciprocate, just took a deep breath.
He smelled different. He looked different. His face was manlier, his hair was longer and messier than ever...but his eyes were the same; cool and green as ocean water.

"She said we are closed, because we really are closed. There is also some tradition doing that we have to...uh, do." Came Jey's voice behind me, his Indian accent sounding so strange and exotic compared to Harry's.
Harry released me, and stared at Jey, raising his eyebrows.

"Tradition? We like tradition. We can join in, can't we? At least until the paparazzi give?" Louis piped up.

"You're hiding in a book store...a closed book store might I add, to get away from the paparazzi?" I asked. The trio nodded, and Harry looked at me with those ridiculous eyes, his red lips pouting. "Go. The tradition is for employees and we can't hide you in here." Harry's eyes narrowed.

"You can't, or you won't? Billie, is this some way to get back at me for-"

"Take my word for it, Harry! If this was me getting back at you, it would be much, much worse than throwing you out of the store to the paparazzi and crazed fans." I said, my voice rising. Zayn put his hands up, and put them on Harry's shoulders.

"Let's go Harry. We shouldn't be in here anyway. And one thing I remember, is not to anger Billie." He said, turning Harry toward the door. He sent a little grin and a wink in my direction. "Sorry to bother ye, Tiger." I started at the old nickname the boys used to call me when I'd get mad.

"Well, good riddance." Jey said, after locking the door behind the boys. "Does this mean you'll join in the tradition?" He asked, eagerly. If he thought the meeting had been strange, he didn't say or show it. If he thought it was strange that I knew One Direction personally, he didn't say it.

"Yeah, I'll join. Turn up the music. You can't dance alone." I said. Jey grinned, hurrying over to the stereo.
Yes, the tradition was blasting music loud enough to annoy the neighbors, and dancing without shame. I'd watched Jey do it, alone, and thought it was ridiculous...but now, it sounded like fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter!

I started a different story, but deleted it. I really hope you guys like this one!

Please comment, subscribe and recommend! Feedback would be nice!