The Book of Me and You

You’re gonna hate yourself in the morning light

It’s been a few days since Kevin’s episode had happened and saying that Hayley was a mess was an understatement. Kevin’s condition wasn’t critical anymore but he wasn’t allowed to go home just yet. Hayley spent every second with him even when he was sleeping. John tried to call her but she just sent him a text, saying that she can’t speak right now.

She needed some time to think. Everything happened so fast. She knew that eventually she’ll have to go back to New York even if John wasn’t mad at her anymore; she built up a life there, made new friends, “dated” a guy, and started a carrier there as an underrated writer. It wasn’t much but she didn’t belong in Arizona anymore.

Hayley knew that these past few weeks with John weren’t real. They haven’t spoke about the conflict they had five years ago. They just jumped into a dangerous game of innocent kisses, soft touches and sweet words. It wasn’t real. It was just a phase. Sooner or later one of them would explode and blame the other for the past. Hayley knew it. John knew it.

He had a new record to work on, tours to plan, deal with an on and off girlfriend and so on. John understood why Hayley kept her distance with him. He knew her better than he knew himself. John was just as confused as Hayley. He was counting the days until everything gone wrong again. They both were aware of the fact that they’ll have to have the talk eventually. The only problem was that none of them was ready.
“Come on Johnny boy! Let’s drink!” He just looked at the drunken girl in front of him. Courtney was that kind of girl in their high school everyone knew. If you were a girl you most likely hated her because she slept with the boy you liked, or you were just jealous. If you were a boy, you wanted to fuck her. If you were a guy in a relationship you tried to avoid her, but secretly still wanted to do things to her.

“Sorry Courtney, I’m not in the mood.” John replied not feeling like partying tonight. It was their last summer before going to university and he made himself a promise to party as much as he could with his friends. But tonight he had a huge fight with Hayley. Ever since his dad died, she closed herself away from everyone. John was patient and understanding for a while but he was a confused little boy at that time and eventually freaked out. So Hayley told him to leave…and never come back.

“I can make you feel good. You know that, right?” Courtney answered in a flirty manner. She lightly put her hands on his chest, than onto the base of his neck and pulled him into her. She kissed him forcefully. John immediately pulled away because it just wasn’t right. She wasn’t Hayley…However, a moment later he kissed her hard on the mouth and they made their way upstairs, right into an empty room.

He couldn’t stop himself. He was mad at Hayley and wanted to teach her a lesson, although he knew he’ll regret it in the morning. Hayley wasn’t the only one hurting. John needed her too and she wasn’t there. Courtney was…for a few hours.

That was the night when John fucked up.

“John I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean anything I said. I need you. I love you. Please call me back.”

Hayley put her phone away while lying down in the grass in their backyard crying quietly. She said, no, screamed things at John she would never want to do if it were a different situation. But she felt so broken. She felt that not just her heart but also her whole body had been shattered. She was weak. She needed her father and he wasn’t there anymore.

This fight with John was the last string. She was going crazy and she knew that. She was in a different place than the rest of her family. She couldn’t accept the death of her father. Hayley needed professional help to be able to mourn her dad.

She knew that John’s probably getting shit faced drunk and feeling sorry for himself at Halvo’s party, and probably won’t check his phone until tomorrow. It happened before. However, this time something was wrong. At least Hayley felt that something’s not right.

She needed to escape to somewhere far away tonight so she would cry herself to death. Hayley scrolled down at the names in her phone and dialed when she found the right one.

“Hello beautiful.” Said a raspy voice on the other side of the line. “What can I do for you?”

“Hannah, I need a favor.” Hayley said simply, not showing her emotions.

“Anything for you baby. Meet me at our usual place in 30.”

“Okay. Don’t call me baby.” She ended the call without waiting for her cheeky reply.

Thirty minutes later Hayley sat on her car in the parking lot and waited for Hannah to show up. Hayley watched as she parked her truck next to hers and got out with a bright smile on her face.

“Well hello there Ms. Johnson. I assume you and O’Callaghan broke up again.” Hannah said and sat next to her on the hood of the car.

“How do you know?”

“You only call me when you’re broken up.”

“Touché.” She smiled lightly and looked up at Hannah. She was a couple years older, college dropout/dealer in Tempe. When Hayley first met her at a party they became drinking buddies immediately, and she thought Hannah was a really cool girl. And also very gay. Hannah made clear that she was interested in Hayley and Hayley made clear that she was in love with John. Hannah cut back on the flirting a bit still keeping a couple pick up line just to annoy her.

“So what do you need, beautiful?”

“I can’t sleep lately. I need something that helps me sleep without dreams. You have anything?” She was new to these things. She called Hannah a few times but strictly for weed to have fun with Halvo and the others when John was a dick.

“I think I know what you’re looking for Miss.” Hannah made her way to her truck and returned with a little bag full of white pills in her hand. She threw it into Hayley’s lap and smiled at her.

“How much is it?” Hayley asked not sure if she had enough money to pay for all of the pills.

“Let’s make a deal. I give you those pills for half price if you let me kiss you.”

“Hannah, I’m still straight and into boys. Especially John.”

“Fuck John. I bet he’s having his own fun right now. So why not? It’s just a kiss.”

Hayley considered the whole situation and decided to not give a fuck just once. John’s getting drunk and having fun with their friends. They’re not together at the moment. Hannah’s a girl. So it doesn’t count as cheating, right?

She hopped off of the hood and leaned up to Hannah’s face. She just smiled at her and Hayley kissed her first just pecking her lips. Hannah took it as an agreement and leant closer to deepen the kiss. It was Hayley’s first kiss with a girl and to her surprise she quite liked it. She counted 8 Mississippi during their actions and she felt quite dizzy when Hannah pulled away.

“The pills are yours for free…Just don’t overdose on them baby girl.” She said pecking her lips one more time before leaving towards her truck.

“But you said half price…?” Hayley said confused to Hannah who looked back at her before getting into the truck.

“Changed my mind…and I have a feeling it wasn’t the last time baby.” With that she started her truck and left the empty parking lot.

Hayley stood there for a while more confused than ever. She decided not to go home just yet so she took a pill out of the bag and swallowed it. Making herself comfortable in the backseat of the car, turning off her phone she started to feel the peace that the pill brought to her. It must have been more than just a sleeping pill, she thought, because its effects were amazing.

Hayley spent the whole night in the parking lot by herself with the bliss of the pills.

It was a cry for help that no one could hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayley's outfit.

Aaaand I'm back!

So here's a bit of flashback about their past. Let me just tell you that it's only the tip of the iceberg, because both Hayley and John have some dirty secrets and the both done some fucked up things.

Sorry for the mistakes and the repetition of words, I'm still trying to develop my writing skills in English.