Status: This is something I randomly came up with, while I played Destiny. A few gamers I played with thought the idea of the Traveler being evil was awesome. So here I am, hoping to make something out of this idea

Destiny: Awakening

Planning the Investigation

On their way home to Earth, Seron sat in her quarters, writing up the information given to her by Ghost. Her mind was full of thoughts on how they were going to destroy the Traveler. In all honesty, she knew they might not be able to pull it off. Deep down she knew that this was all just a waste of time and they might as well face their fate. However another part of her wanted to find all the information she could and actually try and defeat it.

All of these thoughts were making her get a headache. She tossed her notepad down onto the desk and leaned back into the chair, and pressed her fingers against her forehead. "This is insane," she whispered, taking a deep breath after before closing her eyes. On the intercom, Vegas started to speak. "We're approaching home Cap, get ready to exit hyper speed."

Seron stood from her chair and exited the room. She made her way into the cockpit where she saw Vegas in the drivers seat and Ruka on the co-pilot, working the maps and charts of space. Both were already strapped in and ready to make their landed into the Earth's atmosphere. Seron took a seat in an unfolded chair and strapped herself in.

*****

The ship flew into the docking bay within the hangar, out of the window Seron saw Kage and Steve standing in the Shipwreck bay above the hangar. Once the ship had landed, Seron and the others stepped off the ship and headed upstairs to meet up with Kage and Steve. "So what did you guys find up there?" Steve was curious as if they had found anything. Seron shoved some files into his hand before walking passed him, heading towards the Vanguard Quartermaster area.

"Look for yourself Steve, you'll find your answers in those," she responded, pulling her helmet off and placing it on the table. She released a breath, taking in the Earth's air. If they couldn't defeat the Traveler, this might be the one thing she'll miss the most, the fresh air. Steve threw the files on the table and looked at Seron with a puzzled look, "Jupiter and Saturn huh? What if they don't have any information about the Traveler, what are we gonna do then?"

She looked at him with a stupid look, "like I know Steve. Jesus fucking Christ, instead of asking me how about you figure it out for yourself. I got enough on my plate right now alright?" With that she pushed passed him and headed out of the Quartermaster. She went towards the balcony that overlooked the city and placed her hands on the railings. Her head lowered and she closed her eyes. Everyone was looking to her to defeat the Traveler but what if she couldn't do it? Why did it have to rest on her shoulders?

A hand went to her shoulder, causing her to jump. The hand belonged to Ruka, the shorter woman of the group. She had a shocked look on her face but it was soon replaced by a smile, "sorry about that. I'm usually the one jumping like a cat." She placed her arms over the railing and stared off at the city. "You alright? You seem a bit on edge these last two days, you got ants bitin' you or something?"

Seron shook her head and looked at her friend, "I guess you can say I'm stressing out. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of this. Just three days ago we were doing our normal thing, checking the vault for weapons, changing our shaders or taking about who had the best Sparrow.. but now, it seems like everyone is waiting for me to make the decision between their life or their death."

"Yep, you got a lot on your plate, but hey.. how about sharing some, cause you're going to get fat. So if you're going to get fat, I wanna get fat. Let's go, come on, let's get fat together and get diabetes before we die. Sound fun?" Ruka had the happiest look on her face, it almost made Seron want to laugh but she kept her composure to not do it but she smiled at her words nonetheless. "You're a weird one, you know that?"

Ruka laughed and shoved her finger against Seron's arm, "I'm weird? Pfft, you wish I was. I'm as normal as it gets around here." Seron smiled once again before crossing her arms over her chest, "let's get back inside, we got some planning to do."

*****

Back in the Vanguard Quartermaster, Seron stood by an empty space, holding her Ghost up. "Tomorrow we're going to infiltrate Saturn and search for the two research labs that are there. We're going to split into two teams, Ruka with me and Vegas you'll be with Steve and Kage." The Ghost in her hand lit up and shot out a light, which lit up the wall behind her, showing maps and charts of Saturn and the two research bases. She could hear Kage groaning, probably about being teamed up with Vegas, someone he didn't particularly like.

"The research lab you three will be checking out is on the other side of Ru'tall. It was the last location that the Vex were suppose to be stationed at. You'll go there and see if there is any information on the Traveler. The same goes for me and Ruka, we'll be on the opposite end of Ru'tall in the Banklands, a former Vex holding ground before they invaded Venus." The Ghost in Seron's hand disappeared and she turned to her friends to continue, "we don't know what dangers lurk on Saturn but we're going to gear up regardless. So make sure you got your most powerful weapon on you, just in case." She pointed to Kage, "that means you take your Shadow Price, its a good auto rifle. Anyways, that concludes our planning, we leave tomorrow at noon."

They all nodded, then stood and left, retreating to their sleeping quarters. They had a long day ahead of them tomorrow.