Status: This is something I randomly came up with, while I played Destiny. A few gamers I played with thought the idea of the Traveler being evil was awesome. So here I am, hoping to make something out of this idea

Destiny: Awakening

Darkness is Here

"Vegas, have you obtained the information from the computers?" Seron didn't hear a response, instead she heard static. "Vegas, report. Kage, Steve, anyone?" Still it was nothing. She didn't understand, they had signal the entire time they were here, now there was silence.

She turned to Ruka and shrugged her shoulders, "they might be messing around to scare us. They gotta be, rig-" Before she could finish her sentence, something jumped out and grabbed Ruka. She was yanked into the darkness, her screams echoing the empty metal halls of the research lab.

"Ruka!" The Warlock yelled her friend's name and dashed into the darkness after her. The Ghost lit up the way as she dodged obstacles that were in her way. She saw Ruka being dragged further away and as she was being dragged into a hole that shaped into the wall, Seron dove against the ground and snatched the Hunter's hand.

She gripped it with so much force, she knew Ruka was feeling pain from it. "I got ya, I won't let go," Seron said, repeating the words as she heard the Hunter's cries and sobs. The sounds of something terrifying was feeling the hallways and rooms of the lab, loud banging and howling, like wolves but worse. It wasn't a sound that Seron had heard before and didn't care to hear it again.

Reaching for her gun at her waist, she gripped the hilt and pulled it forward. Pulling back the hammer she aimed down the sights, "Ruka lower your head!" Ruka instantly did what she told and heard loud banging as the gun was fired off. All 9 rounds left the gun and whatever it had hit, immediately released Ruka and screamed in pain.

The Hunter scrambled to Seron, wrapping her arms around the Warlocks waist like she was a lifeline. Seron held onto her, keeping an arm around her shoulders and the gun aimed into the hole. "I got ya, just like I said," she breathed heavily, whispering those words into the ear of the Hunter.

*****

Gunfire was spreading throughout the research lab. That and a lot of grenades that were lighting up the room like a Christmas tree. Steve aimed his Super Good Advice, a heavy machine gun capable of destroying enemies with a single hit, and started popping off rounds like he was popping candy. He screamed and laughed as he heard the mysterious enemies hitting the floor like toys from a child's hand. "Burn in Hell!"

Vegas, the Hunter was throwing his knives into the darkness, managing to hit a few here and there while twirling around and popping off rounds from his sniper rifle. It was like he was quick scoping from that game Call of Duty. Though if it was a game, everyone would be hating him right now. Kage on the other hand was just punching the enemies like they were a punching bag. Each of them going down one after another.

"These guys ain't got nothing on us! Ain't that right?" All of the men laughed together in sync from Kage's words that bluttered out of his mouth. After a good ten minutes, the men settled down, hearing silence around them. Once they knew that the room was clear, Vegas walked over towards a fallen enemy and reached down and pushed it over onto it's back.

He examined the being, seeing metallic armor covering it's body that had been piercing by bullets and it's muscles resembled something like bark from a tree. It had designs carved throughout the metal, probably representing it's master. "Man, I've never seen something like this before.. whatever it is, we haven't face it before until now," he stated, looking up at Kage and Steve.

"Well, whatever it is, we just messed them up.. By the way, we might wanna get a hold of Seron and Ruka. They might have ran into what we just did," Kage suggested as he placed his hand to the side of his helmet. "Ey Cap, you there, can you hear me?"

*****

Surrounded in silence and darkness, Ruka and Seron were still there, sitting on the floor, holding onto each other. Ruka had gone silent, probably calming down after what had happened moments ago. A few sobs came from her here and there but she more calm than before. In her helmet, she heard the static but a faint voice that was breaking through that sounded like Kage.

The Warlock dropped her weapon and placed her hand on the side of her helmet, "I read you Kage, meet us at the surface." Lowering her hand to Ruka's shoulder, she pulled the female back. "Let's get going, stay by my side, alright?"

The Hunter nodded and they both stood from their sitting positions. Thirty minutes later, Seron and Ruka arrived at the ships. Ruka had rode on the back of Seron's Sparrow, she was in no condition to fly back here. Once she was off the Sparrow, she immediately went to Vegas and pulled him into a tight hold. "I was so scared," she muttered, a few tears forming in her eyes.

Seron released a relieved sigh, seeing her comrades all unharmed. "I'm guessing you ran into the same thing we did huh?" Kage and Steve nodded before they boarded the ship. Vegas walked next to Ruka, his arm over his shoulder as they entered the ship. Seron stood there for a brief moment, her head turning towards the location of the research lab, "what on Earth did we just encounter?"

With that, she boarded the ship and both took off back into orbit.