Status: This is something I randomly came up with, while I played Destiny. A few gamers I played with thought the idea of the Traveler being evil was awesome. So here I am, hoping to make something out of this idea

Destiny: Awakening

Hovering in Orbit

Seron stared up at the ceiling of her bedroom. Her mind was wrapping around everything that had happened a few hours ago. Ruka could have died, if it hadn't been for her. Ruka was so scared and she and everybody else couldn't blame her. Seron and the others knew that they would be scared as well. If something had grabbed her, she would be screaming for help, especially if her comrades were there. She released a heavy sigh and kicked the blankets from her body. It was hot on this stupid ship, she needed some air.. real fresh air, Earth's air.

Seron never admitted it but she hated space. She hated traveling from planet to planet, search for intel and killing things, animals or other species. She wished she could just live a normal life in the city and have a family of her own. Climbing out of bed, Seron pulled on a simple pair of sweatpants and a jacket and headed out of her chambers. She arrived in the dining area moments later, seeing Ruka and Vegas sitting down at the table eating some sandwiches.

Ruka seemed to be back to her normal self, head bobbing and muttering lyrics from whatever classic song. She was always into an old band called AC/DC, some rock band that was famous back during the twenty-first century. Vegas stood from the table and cut off Seron's path, his hand slapping against the wall, blocking her from maneuvering around him.

"I just wanna say thanks for what you did back there," he said. He had a small smirk on his Awoken face. He was sincere about his words.

Seron pulled his arm away from the wall and she shrugged her shoulders, "it was nothing. I'm sure you all would of done it for each other or for me." She reached out and grabbed two slices of bread and threw them down on a plastic tray. She went down the line at the counter, slapping lettuce, tomato and other ingredients down on it, making it something worth eating.

Vegas followed behind her, he gave her this confused look, "that's it? That's all you're gonna say? 'It was nothing', what the heck? You save my sisters life tonight and you blow it off like its nothing."

"It is nothing. I did what I had to do, that's it. She's my friend, what do you think I was going to do? Just leave her? Leave her to whatever monsters were trying to take her? No, I wasn't. I saved her, that's it." She placed a slice on top of the cheese, completing the sandwich. She then grabbed a bottle of water and went to a individual table, next to a window that showed space on the other side.

"Man, you're never going to get out of that cold attitude are you? You're gonna keep being that, oh I'm a stone cold killa with a mysterious personality, I won't tell my past to know type attitude? I don't know what wall you have up, but you gotta learn to open up and tell what you really feel, stop being this tough Warlock we all know you aren't. People might actually start to like you." Vegas snatched her bottle of water and walked off, heading out of the dining area.

Seron's eyebrow arched up in confusion. She didn't know what Vegas was on but in all honesty, she didn't want to know. Shaking her head, Seron lifted up the sandwich and took a big bite from it. It tasted so good. How the ketchup and mustard mixed with the lettece, cheese, ham and tomato was glorious.. delicious. She looked up to see Ruka standing there, holding her tray of food.

Without saying a word, the Hunter sat down across from Seron and continued to eat her meal. After a few minutes of silence, Ruka finally broke it.

"I heard what Vegas said. I'm sorry for what he said to you, about being a 'cold killa' and whatever. He's on edge right now, considering what he just learn from his Ghost. I'm sure the others are feeling the same way right now." She took a bite from her sandwich and washed it down with a drink of her protein shake.

Seron looked at her, she placed her sandwich on the tray and shook her head, "its fine, honestly. He's mad, I get it. I'm sure we all are, especially after discovering what we did in those labs and fighting some mysterious new enemy."

"Not just that Seron.. he's mad because you seem to not care that you saved my life. He thinks you're being soulless but I know you're not. I know there's something more to you than you just being a tough Warlock leader to us." Ruka reached out and took Seron's hand into her own, then rubbing her thumb along the Warlock's knuckles.

Her blue eyes went from her hand in Ruka's, back to the Hunter. She then pulled her hand away and crossed her arms over her chest, "there's nothing to me. I am who I am. I do my job and I move on, that's it. That's how its always been and its going to stay that way."

Ruka smirked sarcastically and grabbed her tray and stood from the table, "you might deny what you are but I know who you really are. I'll always know, whether you like it or not." With that said, Ruka walked away and tossed the tray onto the counter and headed out of dining area. Seron sighed heavily, placing her hand against her forehead. She closed her eyes, thinking back to what Vegas said and then what Ruka said.

Groaning, she pushed the tray away from her and turned to stare into the emptiness of space, "I'll never show how weak I am again. I'll die before I do."