‹ Prequel: New Tradition
Status: One shot

Birthday Boy

Tradition

The first time Die woke up that morning with a yawn and a stretch. Only to groan when he heard a banging on his door promptly followed by a muffled rendition of "Happy Birthday" from what sounded like his band mates as they sang to him through his hotel door. And of course that was quickly followed by what strangely sounded like Toshiya cackling that he was now an old man and a smacking sound that was more than likely from Kaoru hitting him up the side of the head. Kaoru and Die were the same age now after all.

"Open the damn door!" Kyo called through the door. His voice had a certain huskiness to it that he only got when he had just woke up and he sounded very cranky.

"I`m not doing shit!" Die called back and rolled over onto his side to look at the clock on his bedside table. Almost immediately he let out a groan when he read that it was six in the morning. No wonder Kyo was so cranky.

"Come on, Die. Just open the door. You know that age isn`t a big deal," Shinya said through the door, trying to coax his friend out of bed.

"What do you know? You`re the youngest," Kaoru retorted with a snort.

"Actually, I`m the youngest. And you all need to shut up. Let the poor thing sleep."

Now that voice made Die perk up. Hell, Aminonette could make anyone perk up. Being the daughter of a French diplomat, she learned many years ago how to sound commanding in such a sickly sweet voice it was astonishing. Thankfully she didn`t use it often. But she was definitely using it now.

"Go back to bed, all of you. Especially you Kyo. You need to rest up for tonight, Mi Amore," Aminonette murmured as she began to gently push the boys back to their rooms before going back to Die`s door.

"Do you want to sleep alone or do you want company?"

Die smiled and rolled back over to stare at his door before letting out a sigh. "Alone for right now, Ami." He didn`t exactly like sending her away. But he knew he wouldn`t be able to get any sleep with her curled up to him this morning.

"Alright. Sleep well my little birthday boy," Aminonette said through the door before going back to her room to hopefully get some sleep.

Her parting words had him suppressing a snicker. Even though she was much younger than the band she treated them almost like they were her own children. Kaoru may of been their leader, but Aminonette very much took care of them. There were times when Kaoru wanted nothing to do with them because of how they were acting and she would simply take them by the hand and lead them over to somewhere private and talk to them. And after they were good and calmed down she would go over to Kaoru and do the same thing. It was actually quite amazing to watch.

The band had met Aminonette five years ago when she was nothing but a nineteen year old that demanded respect and to be treated as an adult by her elders. Dir En Grey was actually playing a show in Paris the night they met. Kyo and Die had went on a little walk to clear their heads and look for a bar to unwind at after the show. Aminonette and Kyo had all but collided while walking down the side walk and started cussing each other out as soon as they realized neither was hurt. Die found the exchange hilarious and invited her to go hang out at the bar with them. She ended up spending the rest of the night with them learning Japanese and trying to teach them French. It ended up being a very interesting night. And as they say, the rest is history.

The second time Die woke up that morning it was more pleasant. But then again, having a girl crawling into your bed with a leather skirt and a lace crop top is always pleasant. Especially if that girl is Aminonette. She`s always had such wonderful curves. And her black and red hip length hair has always done something for Die. Though he`d probably never admit to it.

"Good morning," Aminonotte purred in French as she crawled into his bed.

Now those words were thankfully some of the French that he understood. He stretched out and put his hands behind his head and gazed up at her. "Good morning."

"You`re French is getting better," She murmured, switching back to Japanese.

He shrugged and yawned. "I try," He mumbled, his voice husky with sleep.

She smiled and straddled just above his hips. She always loved when he slept shirtless. As she moved to straddle him Kaoru, Toshiya, and Shinya walked into the room, Toshiya holding a video camera.

"Fortieth birthday woke up call?" Kaoru asked with a slight smirking.

"Of course. It`s apparently supposed to be a tradition now," Aminontte answered with a playful eye roll. Ever since she woke Kaoru up on his fortieth with kisses and murmured sweet nothings, everyone wanted the same for when they turned forty. And she had agreed. Just as long as they were both still single on his birthday. If not then birthday wake up calls would be left to the girlfriend. If they were then she would be more than happy to do it.

"What happens when Kaoru turns forty one?" Toshiya asked.

Aminonette shrugged as she started placing little kisses on Die`s neck. "I do this for forty," She answered when she got to his collar bone.

"Well then, Die is one lucky bastard," Toshiya retorted with a laugh.

"And then so will Kyo," Kaoru nodded.

"And after that it will be Toshiya and then me," Shinya murmured with a nod.

"We`ll have to figure out something for you then," Die murmured as he looked up at Aminonette.

"For me?" She questioned and when she got a nod she continued, "For what age?"

"Thirty," they agreed.

"I`ll be fine," She murmured as she leaned down to start kissing the right side of Die`s neck, lightly nipping at the flesh between kisses.

"That`s not fair," Die hissed out when she bit down on his sweet spot.

"Is to me," She retorted before sucking on the spot, receiving a grunt in response. She pulled away a few minutes later to inspect the hickey she had successfully left but narrowed her eyes in annoyance when it wasn`t dark enough. She let out a huff and bit down on the spot, making the man beneath her hiss and grab at her hips.

"I have a feeling she`ll be doing a lot of biting when Kyo turns forty," Toshiya mumbled with a snicker.

"You won`t be able to record that session then," Kyo replied as he walked into the room.

"You can`t finish this one," Die growled as Aminonette began to kiss down his torso.

"I agree," Shinya said as he walked out of the room, no longer interested in watching his friend kiss her way down his band mates body.

"You`ll need to be more creative on my birthday, Ami," Kyo yawned before walking out the room.

"I`ll keep that in mine," Aminonette called to him as she sat up, now straddling Die`s hips. She turned her attention to Kaoru and Toshiya and narrowed her eyes. "Out. Both of you."

"What? Why?" Toshiya whined.

Kaoru chuckled and grabbed the back of Toshiya`s shirt and dragged him out of the room. "Have fun you two," He snickered as he shut the door.

"I thought they would never leave," She mumbled, causing Die to laugh.

"Why? Did you want to sleep with me?" He asked, trying to keep his tone serious but failed miserably.

She rolled her eyes and replied, "You know I don`t do that. I give kisses and and whisper things in French."

He grinned up at her and shrugged, "Worth a shot. It is my birthday after all."

"And that`s why I`m doing this," She laughed.

"I know."

She smiled and leaned up and pecked his lips before going back to kissing down his torso. It was true, she wouldn`t be sleeping with him just as she didn`t sleep with Kaoru. And nor will she be sleeping with Kyo, Toshiya or Shinya.

No, she did what little she did because she knew that each man was dreading turning forty. That age seemed to remind them just how old they truly were, how long they have been musicians and just how much tour was slowly taking it`s toll on their bodies. And if a few kisses and some laughter helped them get out of bed on that dreaded day, Aminonette was more than happy to help. They were her boys after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a pointless little one shot. But since it`s still the twentieth where I am I figured it`d do a birthday fic for Die. Plus Iv`e been wanting to write something for him anyway. This was more or less an excuse to do so. And I may or may not do a sort of prequel to this where it`s Kaoru`s fortieth birthday. Anyway, please comment and let me know what you thought and if you think I should do a prequel. I look forward to any and all comments. Thank you!