Stunning

Amazing.

The bus door flew open with a crack of metal on metal before Jack leaped up the stairs, coming to a stop in the main walkway with a loud thump when he realised that front lounge was empty of people. In a mad rush he ran for the back lounge for someone, anyone that he could find.

Despite the bus being mostly empty there was junk everywhere and as Jack leaped over what looked like a pile of shoes covered in a dirty t-shirt, he managed to smack his elbow on the door frame leading into the bunk area. The pain was sharp, right in the joint but Jack ignored it and bounded forward, because, seriously somebody had to come see this.

“Where’s the fire?” Rian asked poking his head out of the bunk.

Jack flashed him a quick grin over his shoulder and ripped open the door to the back lounge open.

“Outside! Now!” Jack yelled, he grabbed at Alex who happened to the closest to the door and pulled on his arm to get him to stand. “Zack, get your camera.”

“Dude, what? We’re trying to watch a movie.” Alex tried to pry Jack’s hand off and had no luck. Jack’s grip was too tight.

“You guys have to see this. Outside. Now. C’mon!”

Jack gave Alex’s arm another good yank before letting go, only to grab Zack’s hand as he stood up. Zack followed easily without residence, only to stop to quickly get his camera from his bunk on the way past. Rian slid out of his bunk, phone in hand and followed the other two out of the bus.

As all three stepped off the bus, they all froze in wonder.

It liked like someone had covered everything in a fine white powder, just enough dusting to tell where it had fell, was still falling slowly, all pristine and untouched. The colour was laminated by the afternoon sun peaking through the clouds on the horizon, slowly turning a golden yellow as the sun sunk slowly.

In short, it was a stunning scene. The picture perfect first snow of the winter season that everyone hoped to see at some point in their lifetime.

“Wow...” Alex breathed in awe, head sticking out of one of the back lounge windows.

Besides him, Matt with his rumbled pillow hair was trying to look over Alex’s shoulder. Zack lifted his camera and started snapping pictures in every direction, walking slowly to the end of the bus leaving footprints in his wake to get a larger view down the street. Rian also started taking photos using his phone.

As the sun moved down lower the clouds began turning different shades of orange, pink and purple. Some of the cloud colours started reflecting on the fresh snow creating more blends and shades.

“Look at all the colours.” Jack grinned tilting his head back to see where the purple clouds faded into a blue-gray colour. “Who knew snow could have so many colours.”

“It’s amazing.” Rian smiled, looking around with wide eyes in amazement.

More clicks came from Zack’s camera as he took shots of every single change and colour the sun offered.

Jack smiled and tried to soak up much of the moment as possible, no sure if he will ever be able to see something so amazing like this again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays! :D