Tinsel and Lights.

King of bad ideas

Elliot pushed open the hotel room door and came to a sudden stop causing Jared to walk into his back. The starbucks drinks Jared was holding wobbled dangerously, threatening to spill from the jerky movement but he managed to save them in time. He frowned and tried to nudge Elliot forward.

“Move i- “Jared looked over Elliot’s shoulder and blinked.

Really the scene in front of them should have been surprising but Jared couldn’t bring himself to feel surprised, instead he rolled his eyes with a huff. Elliot let out a long suffering sigh and finally moved into the room.

Jared followed and placed the drinks on the table half over loaded with tinsel and Christmas lights, before turning around to take in the whole room.

“It looks like an elf threw up in here.” Elliot stated walking over to stand next to Eric, who was holding an arm full of lights with a huge grin.

Next to them, Matt was piggybacking Beau from one end of the wall of windows to the other as Beau hung up a long line of tinsel in every colour the decoration was made in. The whole room was covered; every object within sight had some sort of Christmas decoration sitting on or tied to it, except the ceiling fan and room light.

Jared chanced a look in the connecting room next door and the shared bathroom. Both were decked out to the max, there was even holly hanging from the shower head.

“Where did you get all this?” Jared asked shaking his head. “You do realise its still three weeks to Christmas right?”

“It’s December!” Beau said like it was the answer to everything.

“There is a stall down the street selling everything Christmas.” Matt smiled. “We’re going a good job, hey?” He stated more than asked, smile spreading wider.

Elliot hummed and picked up a short string of beaded twine and draped it around his neck.

Matt and Beau finished up with the window display and still on Matt’s back, Beau took the arm full of lights from Eric.

“Let’s string these from the fan, make like a streamer affect across the ceiling.” Beau suggested. “Eric find a spare power point, if the cord doesn’t reach there should be an extension cord on the table.”

“Uh, how are you going to reach up there?” Elliot asked, unsure he wanted to know the answer, mainly because it was Beau he was asking.

“Think you can carry me on your shoulders, Matt?” Beau beamed.

Matt went over to the closest bed and put Beau on the mattress before crouching down, so Beau could climb up onto his shoulders, arms still full of lights.

Jared saw his opportunity and quickly grabbed his drink escaping into the next room before anything could bad happen. He only just got settled on his bed with the TV remote when there was a loud crash and yelling from the other room. Jared rolled his eyes up to the ceiling but couldn’t stop the smile pulling at his lips.

“King of bad ideas strikes again,” He muttered to himself before yelling, “So what did you break this time?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays! :D