Still Into You

Chapter One

"I love you," I tell him for the millionth time tonight.
"I love you too, Jace." He snuggles in next to me and it feels so right. Ever since I met him, all those years ago in high school. I wrap my arm around him, I need to hold him, he's so gentle and so fragile and I need to make him feel better.
Being together hasn't been a walk in the park, Taylor's father kicked him out and disowned him when he told him he was gay. A troubled kid, he was kicked out of high school for fighting and cutting class along with numerous other things, he was working at a bar and sleeping on a park bench when I met him.
But when we're together, I don't care what he did in the past, we hold hands and my entire life revolves around him. I'm still madly in love with him even after all this time.
"Jace?" Taylor looks at me with such an innocent look and I feel the butterflies in my stomach.
"What, babe?" I ask him.
"Can we watch Sweeney Todd?"
I kiss the top of his head, "Of course, baby." Normally, I would fight him on watching something else, but I can never stay mad at Tay.
How did we even get this far? How did this happen? However it happened, I'm damn glad it did. He smiles in delight and jumps up to get the movie while I lean against the pillows on our bed. As much as his father hated him for being gay, his mother was the exact opposite. His parents were divorced and Tay was so nervous about telling her especially because of how it ended with his Pa. But, she was so damn happy, she kissed my cheek and declared that her baby boy had found "a damn good man".
That night, on the drive back, I pulled the car over, told him I loved him, and then kissed him senseless, and then speed away singing Dear Maria as we drove away to the start of forever together.
Taylor sings along with Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett about her owning the worst pies in London and he swoops in and places a kiss on my cheek.
"Where are you, lovebug? You seem to be wandering into your thoughts," He whispers in my ear. "Whatcha thinking about, baby?"
"I'm just thinking about how the only thing in my life that makes sense right now is you and I," I reply as I thread my fingers through his long, auburn hair.
"Of course we do, silly," he replies seriously while tugging on one of my dreadlocks.
"Baby, not a day goes by that I'm not into you," I whisper huskily in his ear as I slide off the bed, grabbing something in my bedside drawer as he looks at me with a curious look as I kneel down next to him.
"I should be over all the butterfiles you give me, even on the worst night I still love you. We've been together through the ups and downs and I would do it all again if it meant being by your side. I don't care how we made it to this point because all that matters is the here and now, what I'm trying to say baby, is, will you marry me, Taylor?"
My answer is him pulling me up and kissing me deeply as we start a night of truly being together forever.
Yeah, after all this time, I'm still into you.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is dedicated to my mothers who are getting married and have been together for 27 years.

This was an entry for a contest. My song was Still Into You by Paramore