Status: Christmas!

Mistletoe

Chapter 1

The night was hot and steamy, a scorching December twentieth, everything was loud, people cheering, singing, talking and laughing as they exchanged stories about their year. I sat on the couch in the middle of the room a glass of whiskey in my hands trying to stay away from as many people as I could. Majority of these ‘friends’ were drunk and driving me nuts.

Sure it was Christmas and I was acting like the Grinch but when you are forced to watch your younger sister throw a party with all her hormonal teenage friends it wasn’t fun. Especially when majority of them had brought grog and were shit faced already.
It wasn’t even ten.

“Chrissy!” a groan left my lips when I heard her call my name in a baby voice. Turning my head I watched as she emerged from the kitchen dressed in a slutty Elf costume. She wore dark make up and bright red lipstick. She looked cheap and I wasn’t going to keep that to myself.

My sister Ella was four years my junior making her seventeen, sure she was gorgeous, beautiful long blonde hair, blue eyes, slender figure. She knew what she had and she wasn’t afraid to flaunt it. However whenever something bad happens she always wonders why, why a guy only wants to have sex with her and not a relationship.

“What the fuck are you wearing?” I asked getting up from the couch, I watched as she rolled her eyes as if I was stupid.

“It’s a Santa Elf costume.” she sighed as if I was the dumbest person alive

“Some how I don’t think Santa has these kind of Elves in his workshop. I think Elves like yourself are working the corners of the South Pole.” I retaliated as my eyes scanned her outfit, the top wasn’t even a top it was a bra, and the skirt was about an inch from the goods.

“Whatever,” she scoffed, “I look hot and you look frumpy.” I couldn’t help the laugh that fell from my lips, quickly I pressed the crystal glass to my lips to try and stop myself. She scowled at me before flipping me the bird and walking off.

“Slag,” I chuckled to myself before slugging back my alcohol and walking back into the kitchen to pour another. Walking into the room I found an elf and a Santa exchanging more then lists, “get out!” I yelled causing them to jump away from each other before scurrying out of the room. Pulling my bottle of whiskey from the cupboard I poured a heap of the liquid into my glass.

“Easy on there,” came a masculine voice causing me to look up from my glass. A smile spread across my face when he entered the room. He was dressed in a pair denim shorts and a white wife beater singlet. He was barefoot and held a carton of SuperDry.

“Hey Alex.”

“Hey yourself, having fun I see.”

“If you classify watching your sister dress up as a Elf prostitute and her parade around all her drunk friends while suffering in this heat then yeah I’m having a hell of a time.” A chuckle left his lips as he placed his carton on the bench. “Better not leave that there those bastards will steal it then drink it all. Why do you think I have hidden this beauty,” I stated shaking my bottle before turning and putting it back in the cupboard.

“Are you always this happy?”

“Of course, I am a fucking ray of sunshine!” I deadpanned as I watched two kids stumble into the kitchen giggling and groping each other.

“Really I could have mistaken you for the Grinch.”

“Well depends how you look at it.” I said before ditching a shoe at the kids causing them to squeak and scamper off.

“Come on Grinchy lets go sit outside and let the kids have their fun.” Alex laughed.

As much as I wanted to get away from them I was a little hesitant as to what might happen if I don't have my eye on them. I could end up with two horny elves in my bed. I didn’t have a chance to do anything before Alex had wrapped his arm around me and pulled me out onto the decking.

Alex Wright, twenty two, a friend from High School. The two of us had been chucked together on a English assignment and ever since been close friends. Alex had light brown hair that was always styled differently when I saw him. Tonight it was styled up in a quiff sort of way instead it looked a little more lazy then the proper thing. He had dark brown eyes, and was three inches taller then me. He loved that, always rubbing it in whenever he can.

“So…” he began cracking his bottle of booze open, “where’s the parents?”

“Work party.”

“Go figure, how’d you get stuck with watching Ella and her band of twelvies?”

“She played the innocent card, sucking up to them by saying she was only having Shazza and Finke come over for a sleep over… funny thing is, they’re not even here,” I couldn’t help but laugh at how easily my parents had fallen for Ella’s bullshit story and how two faced Ella was to her friends.

“Wow your sister’s a bitch.”

“Ya think?” I sighed before taking a sip out of my glass. “This is a nightmare, I just want them all to piss off and go home.”

“When did the party start?”

“Nine,” a loud laugh left the males lips, snapping around I stared at him, he had thrown his head back and was laughing hysterically. “What?” I couldn’t help the giggle in my tone.

“It’s only been an hour,” he laughed turning his head to look at me, his dark eyes locking with mine while a wide grin was spread across his face. “You really are the Grinch.”

“I am not, I just can’t stand drunk Twelvies around me.”

“Maybe you should get drunk with them… you might have fun.”

“How about no…” I deadpanned glaring at the male at his ridiculous suggestion. A cheeky grin was spread across his face before he shrugged his shoulders and took a swig of his beer. I shook my head before a tinkling ran throughout the back yard causing the crowd to cheer. I physically cringed when I heard the opening bars of Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas is You blared through the speakers. Getting to my feet I walked over to the balcony and looked down at the crowd. Of course there was Ella being the star singing into a microphone and sashaying her body around causing the boys to hoot and cheer excitedly. Turning I looked at Alex who was sitting there watching me his dark eyes following each of my movements.

“We should have our own version of fun.”

“How do you plan on doing that?”

“Lets mess with these kids.”

“How there’s two of us and about thirty of them?”

“What are you’re mates up to tonight?” she asked a smirk spreading across her face as I pulled my phone from my shorts and composed a new group message. Looking up I saw the smirk that had spread across the brown haired male.

“You’re wild.”

“You have no idea.” I laughed as I felt my phone vibrate in my hands continuously. Alex got to his feet and began shooting messages around. Before long we had got a group of thirty friends together. Each bringing something different to the party. “Come on,” I smiled grabbing his arm and pulling him back into the house.

Walking into the kitchen I closed the door leading into it locking it before pulling out the flour tin and rummaging in our junk drawer finding a bag of balloons.

“Flour balloons?”

Looking up I nodded my head watching as the males smile got wider as he grabbed a balloon and began to fill it. We spent the next half an hour filling balloons with all kinds of things, water, flour cooking oil, anything we could get our hands on.

*~*~*


“So what’s the plan?” Kiera whispered in my ear as she held a Nerf gun close to her chest.

“No real plan… just get them with whatever you can.” I stated with a shrug of my shoulders. two flour bombs in my hands.

“Can we at least change the music?” Evan shuddered as Ariana Grande’s Problem leaked through the speakers. “This shit is driving me nuts.”

“Hold these… I handed over the balloons to Kiera, she looked up at me her dark eyes flashing with confusion, her black hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail. “Ella is going to flip when I change the music,” I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face.

“That’s where I come in,” Alex spoke from behind me getting the attention of everyone that was crammed into our kitchen. “As soon as I throw the first bomb, the rest of you follow suit… they won’t know what’s going on… Kris, you ready to film?”

“Fucking oath mate!” to prove a point he pulled out his iPone smiling like an idiot. “This is going to be fully sick!”

“Alright, everyone places,” turning I walked out of the kitchen and out the back where the party was going wild. Slowly I crept over to the CD player out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex appear while others stood on the decking on the second story weapons ready. Fishing my iPod out of my pocket I connected it to the machine and hit play.

The opening bars of Green Day’s Holiday rang throughout the night and I let a sigh fall from my lips. At last music that I could handle. I counted to three in my head and that was when I heard it.

“What the fuck are you doing?” I watched as Ella stormed toward me, her eyes were wild and a scowl was twisted across her painted face. She had a plastic cup of grog in her hands. I was about to reply but didn’t get the chance before a light thud resounded causing Ella to stumble forward and a cloud of white powder to appear behind her.

“Enjoying the party.” was all I said before a loud battle cry broke and before I knew it flour, oil, water and paint bombs were being thrown through the air. Nerf bullets were randomly hitting several of the kids as they staggered and screamed to get away from the attack.

Kris emerged from the room phone in his hand as he filmed laughter falling from his lips. I looked up and saw seven of Alex’s mates standing on the top floor decking while ten ran around the backyard yelling and hollering as they threw bombs and shot nerd guns.

“Chrissy!” turning my head just in time I managed to catch what I assumed was a water bomb in my hands. Alex shot me a wink before jerking his head toward the group. Nodding my head the two of us ran toward them. I aimed for Ella he aimed for whoever was closest.

“Hey Ella!” I called out sweetly capturing her attention she began to weave through the bodies I ditched the balloon at her and watched as it burst over her face. “Merry Fucking Christmas!” I sang.

A loud scream broke from her lips, one of pure rage. I knew for certain that she was going to tell mum and dad but the to be honest I didn’t care it would be worth all the consequences. I watched as she and her friends ran out of the backyard. I could hear car doors closing and engines starting and I knew we had got rid of them

A loud cheer rang up, running toward the door I made sure they were all gone.

“Are they gone?” turning I looked at Alex and nodded my head. A laugh rang out of both of our lips. “Best Christmas party ever Chrissy.”

“Oi you two,” it was Kris, “look up.”

Looking up my heart nearly stopped. Mistletoe.

“Snog her!” one of Alex’s friends, Chopper, called.

“Kiss him Chrissy!” I heard Kiera yell out.

I turned back to them and was about to retaliate and tell them to fuck off but was when my lips were covered by Alex’s. It was only a brief kiss but it stirred feelings inside of me. Feelings I had tried my hardest to hide from myself. However there was no denying them now.

Alex was looking at me his dark eyes staring into mine a smug smile spread across his face. He was about to turn and walk off but I snatched his arm and pulled him back to me smashing my lips against his and wrapping my arms around his neck.In those few moments it was silent but I was quickly brought back by the sound of cheering, wolf whistled and screaming in delight. Slowly I pulled away from Alex.

“Merry Christmas Alex,” I smiled.

“Merry Christmas Christina.” He chuckled leaning forward and lightly pressing his lips to mine again in a sweet kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I thought I would get into the Christmas spirit and write a one shot. So this is an original. I had been suffering writers block but this little beauty helped me push out of it.

So Here it is....

would love to hear what you think

Cheers Esther :)