Silent Night

All is Bright

Spencer hummed loudly in the empty house as he walked from one room to the other picking up rubbish and tidying up any mess. To say he has been a bit lazy after coming home from tour late week was a bit of an understatement and was in no way prepared to host a spur of the moment Christmas party.

It was more of a band and crew get together for an early Christmas gathering before everyone went away for the holidays, but it was going to involve lots of drinks and Christmas theme shenanigans, therefore far as Spencer was concerned no matter what Zach said, it was a party. Apparently Spencer was the last to find out about it and that it was to be at his house.

He managed to get the house clean in record time and was in the middle of draping tinsel across the curtain rails when the door bell rang. Spencer let the tinsel drop and stepped off the mini ladder. When the doorbell finished ringing loud knocking took its place, Spencer rolled his eyes knowing fully who it was and pulled open the door.

Brendon and Dallon stood on the front step with matching wide cheeky grins. Spencer was about to ask what they were up to this time, when the two of them revealed half blown up balloons from their backs. Spencer leaned against the door frame, arms folded in amusement.

The two of them lifted the balloons to their mouths and took a deep breath.

“Silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright!” They giggled swaying from side to side sounding like a couple of chipmunks.

Spencer hid his smile by pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head. Brendon and Dallon kept singing, going louder with every line. Spencer shook his head half in disbelief and half in amusement.

In one swift motion, Spencer pushed away from the doorframe and shut the door in their faces before walking back to the lounge room laughing. The front door slammed open and Brendon ran into the room, jumping on the couch still singing as he voice started going back to normal.

Dallon stood in the doorway of the room laughing.

“You guys are idiots.” Spencer chuckled.

He watch as Brendon took another lungful of helium and starting singing ‘Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer’ while dancing across the couch cushions.

Spencer laughed and picked up the length of tinsel he dropped earlier. If this was how the Christmas party was going to start the rest of the afternoon and night is going to be interesting to say the least.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays! :D