Status: Merry Christmas, Noelle!

Reversis

| ab honorem |

Daemones Occisores: The Demon Slayers.

Legend states that, during the Roman Empire in the year of 236 B.C., the city was overrun with creatures of darkness. Unable to be killed by mortals and their weapons, Rome was in danger of falling to these monsters as they ravaged the city, murdering all in their path. The Roman protector goddess, Juno, watched her city be destroyed as she paced the floors of her temple at the Capitoline Triad. Unable to descend upon them herself due to their ancient laws, she devised a clever plan in which she could still dispose of the demons through someone else.

Juno went to her son in the pits of the volcano in which he worked endlessly crafting weapons and asked him to make something that could kill anything. Deep in the pits of Mount Vesuvius, Vulcan worked tirelessly crafting something special for a new race of mortals to take care of the demons wreaking havoc all over Rome. He was easily persuaded when his fire was extinguished at the Capitolium – the flame serving as worship for him. He crafted the most brilliant of pure obsidian into majestic swords and gave them to Juno to bestow on who she saw fit to protect their beloved city.

There were six families that she descended upon – Naevius, Salonius, Egnatius, Vivianus, Pullo, and Aelius. The final family had been broken by the deaths of two newborns in a row when Juno visited them. Her blessing on that family granted more than just strength, endurance, and agility, she granted them a healthy baby girl. These families became what is now known as the Daemones Occisores, The Demon Slayers. Their bloodlines would flow powerfully through the ages, protecting city after city from the evil of creatures from hell and would be made stronger, more capable, than the average mortal. The Aelius family, the final family she bestowed a greater blessing upon, was chosen to lead in this quest. As the times went on, training became more specific to their trade and they became the most powerful of the hunting classes in the world.

The Daemones Occisores was the leader of the hunting clans. Those that hunted wolves and vampires were of lower ranking and therefore had to answer to them. They had been around the longest and fought the most dangerous of the supernatural creatures. In the modern age, the most prominent of families resided in southern France, out of the way but still capable of keeping an eye on everything. The Chevaliers, descendants from that last blessed family of Aelius, were the keepers of the hunters as they ran the Les Élus, The Chosen Ones. The highest order of the six families of demon slayers. Their two daughters were some of the strongest of any of the hunters despite their young age.

Still with their obsidian weapons, the demon hunters were frequently called upon to clean up messes all over the world. Any time one of the other hunting families, whether it be demons, wolves, or vampires, neglected their duty to protect mortals from the dangers of supernatural creatures, it was the Les Élus that reigned them in and straightened them up. There was no defying the Daemones Occisores, any of the six families, but it was especially dangerous to defy the Les Élus. They worked for the ancient gods but, more importantly, for the greater good.

Daemones Occisores: Ab Honorem.

The Demon Slayers: For the honor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.
xoxo, Erin