The Emma Button

All Those Times I Let You In, Just For You To Go Again

Yesterday, I found out about you,
Even now just looking at you,
Feels wrong.

"Emma! Let me explain... Please..." Neal begged as the blonde, who was furious, marched away from him. Even as she made her way out of her apartment. He followed her, pleading innocent.
Emma turned around, looking up at her boyfriend. She felt like an idiot. "I never should've let you back into my life! The only good thing that has ever come from us being together is Henry. We're through." She shouted, sighing and heading back into her apartment.
She grabbed her signature red jacket, putting it on and rolling her eyes as Neal walked through the door.
"I'm going out. You and your shit better be gone by the time I get back, or so help me God..." She seethed, pushing him out of the way and rushing down the staircase, thankfully making it out of hearing distance when she burst into tears.
Emma needed to find the one person she could trust, her mother.
________________________________________

Mary Margaret and David were sitting at Granny's, drinking hot cocoa with their grandson, Henry.
"Hey gramps?" the young boy spoke, looking across the table at David.
"Yes Henry?" David replied with a smile.
"Do you..." The boy sighed softly, making a final decision on whether or not to bring this up. "Do you think my mom and dad could be happy together, like you and Mary Margaret?"
David glanced at his wife, unsure of what to say. He had never been great at tough subjects such as these, especially when there was a child involved, but he knew this much; don't promise anything, but don't be negative either.
"Henry... I'm not certain of the future, but-" he paused and sighed.
"It's a possibility!" Mary Margaret chimed in, giving Henry's hand a gentle squeeze.
At that, Henry's face lit up with the signature smile he'd inherited from his father, a smile that always reached his eyes.
"I hope they can be happy together, it'd be nice to have a normal-ish family for once." Henry admitted.
________________________________________

Emma was walking past Granny's when she saw David's truck out front. She wiped away her tears and took a few deep breaths before slowly making her way into the diner, smiling at her son when she spotted him.
"Hey kid, what's up?" She asked, sliding into the booth next to Henry.
"We were just having some cocoa, want one?" He asked, smiling at her. Emma wanted to speak to her mother privately, but maybe some family time and a hot drink would help get her mind off of things.
"Sure, kid."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do ya think? Let me know!