The Emma Button

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

I’m only me,
Who I wanna be,
I’m only me when I’m
With you.

"This is awesome! All of the family here together." Henry exclaimed with a smile so big it reached his eyes.
"Good to be home, safe and sound, isn't it kid?" Emma asked her son, completely forgetting about Neal for the time being. Looking back on her life, having Henry show up at her doorstep was one of her best memories, and Emma couldn't imagine her life without Henry in it.
Regina and Robin walked in, holding hands with their little man, Roland, and Emma felt a pang of sorrow in her heart, remembering that she thought she could find that someday, but now... Now she wasn't so sure...
"Mom! I read the comics you gave me, they were awesome!" Henry exclaimed, running to Regina and hugging her tight. She smiled widely, happy that she was on good terms with all of the men in her life again.
________________________________________

The Charming-Swan-Mills had a nice meal at Granny's, then parted ways, Henry and Emma going home to their apartment. As they walked in the door, Henry looked up at his mom.
"Where's Dad?" he asked.
Shit.
"Well, kid, your father and I had a bit of a falling out earlier, so I don't think he'll be coming over for the next few days..."
"Oh. Well, you guys will be fine though, right?" the boy asks, hopeful. His parents had just gotten back together, and he didn't want to lose that. Ever.
"We'll see, kid. Now go pick out a movie for us, I'll make popcorn." Emma said, ending the conversation.
________________________________________
Emma and her son watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides together, then chatted about everything under the sun, into the night, ending with Henry falling asleep on the couch next to his mother. Emma woke him gently, sending him to bed and getting into bed herself.
What the hell am I doing? What was I thinking? Neal hasn't changed. Not one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!