‹ Prequel: You

Hot Chocolate

Marshmallow kisses.

"Ugh, I don't know how you can drink your hot cocoa the inferior way." I sniffed, tilting my head back and sticking up my nose in mock superiority as I set the red mug of cocoa on the yellow tile surface of the counter before him. "They add nothing to the drink at all."

He chuckled softly, stepping behind me and leaning forward to rest his chin on my shoulder. His stubble brushed my cheek as he took my earlobe between his teeth and bit down softly.

"They don't add anything to my manly facial hair either." Reaching out and snagging the mug with his left hand, he bent his elbow and brought the mug right below my nose, the heat and steam warming my nostrils as they rose, the smell of chocolate and melting marshmallows wafting up and into my very brain.

"Ewwwwwww, get your 'mallow infested cocoa away from my pure senses." I giggled. I turned to face him, putting my hands against his chest and pushing away feebly in mock protest.

I looked up into his face and recognized that all-too-familiar devilish gleem in his dark eyes. Raising the mug to his face, he took a large swig of the cocoa before returning the mug to the countertop.

"Face my 'mallow-y rath!" He roared out before using both his hands to assault my armpits with tickles while simultaneously peppering my face with sticky-lipped kisses.

"M-mark!" I gasped out between giggles, swatting at him helplessly as I began to dissolve. "I-I nee-eed a-a-a-air."

"Admit that 'mallows are the superior cocoa additive and maybe we can talk." He laughed back, moving his hands down to the hem of my sweater, preparing to lift it and assault my stomach with his pesky, tickling fingers.

"O-o-okay! OKAY, I give!" I gasped out, reaching out and grabbing for whatever part of him I could reach in an attempt to both steady myself and deter his onslaught.

He stopped tickling the instant the words left my lips. Throwing both of his arms around me, he crushed me to his chest in a ferocious bear hug.

"I win!" He half-laughed, half-shouted. I could feel the words reverberate against his chest, and I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. "I think I deserve a victory reward."

He put a hand under my chin and tilted my head up, his warm, mallow-y lips crashing into mine.

I sighed, smiling into the kiss.

_____

These are the moments I live for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Help me I think this is what you call an obsession.

_____

Title picture credit here.