Status: Complete as of October 29th, 2015.

Unstable

Chapter 16

I couldn't go home, not after what happened with Veronica. So I stayed in my office, slept on the couch and made more cups of coffee than I'd ever drank in my life, and when the sun came up, Janna found me, collar undone, tie loose, hair sticking out all over, sitting outside the building.

“Rough night?” she asked, crouching down.

I grunted in response.

“Did you sleep here?”

I nodded. “I had to. I couldn't go home.”

“What happened?” Janna wondered. “Last time I saw you, you were in a session with Veronica.” Her eyes narrowed as I looked at her. “Oh, what the fuck, Eli? Really?” She stood and made sure to kick the coffee that sat next to me.

I dragged a hand through my hair. “It wasn't—I didn't plan it, Janna. It just happened.”

She glared at me. “Carly is going to kill that girl,”

“I don't think—” I started, but she cut me off.

“How could you do something so stupid?”

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a frustrated groan. “I know it was wrong, I know, alright? So I stopped it. I need to fix this—to refer her to someone else, to tell Carly what happened. Will you help me?”

“You made your own mess,” Janna said, opening the door. She gave me an apologetic smile. “Sorry for kicking over your coffee.”